PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Dave Winfield's Projects

Old 12-24-2020, 04:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
airdave's Koolwheelz Holiday special...a new Series for 2021

Yes, I have something special planned for the New Year, but its not that time yet!
As I have already mentioned, I will be presenting the first of a new "series" of Koolwheelz models starting on January 1 2021.

In the meantime you can't go without some sort of Holiday present from me for 2020...
but unlike previous years, this isn't going to be a proper Holiday Model.
Instead, I'm calling it a "prologue" ...an "accessory" to the upcoming Koolwheelz series.
Its not a required thing for the series...but for some of you, it may be just the thing you need.

I hope you enjoy it...have a happy holiday season!

Download the file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/h3372...Y_PAK.pdf/file

Watch for more info on Boxing Day (Dec 26).
Google Adsense
Old 12-24-2020, 04:31 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
This will be better than Pokemon, I will need to build them all

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 12-25-2020, 12:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 158.02 MB
SWWWWEEEEEEET!!!! Just like finding a Super Treasure Hunt

Thanks Dave!! and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-25-2020, 05:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
It that pic is a tease, then it looks like we've got some gooduns coming our way.😊😊😊
Old 12-25-2020, 07:20 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Wow, Dave. this is fantastic. You've obviously put a lot of time and thought into this display (and what's eventually going to be filling it). I was 17 when the Hot Wheels cars were introduced, and by then my interest was real cars, not toys, so I've never felt any connection to them. Since I'm not familiar with the line, I just took the time to image search each 4 digit # to see what the originals look like. This will be a fun project.

Two questions: do you plan to release them in numerical order? Will your existing Kool Wheelz releases that are part of the original 16 (Beatnik Bandit and Deora, for instance) be usable in the display, or will you be redesigning them?

Thanks again for this great collection. You da man!
Google Adsense
Old 12-25-2020, 09:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 35.91 MB
to airdave your God sent Creator of magic creations have a Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year too! Thank you very much for this box set I'll be waiting for what you have for 2021! your friend Michael!
Old 12-25-2020, 11:02 AM

glad to see the series will be of interest.

all your questions will be answered.
News tomorrow.
Old 12-25-2020, 11:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 912.66 MB
A Merry Christmas. I will be looking forward to each model in this series. Although, not a collector of the original Hot Wheels, I did have many when I was young. I'm sure some of them are still in my Dad's basement. Brings back a lot of very happy memories. The display case is amazing.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Old 12-26-2020, 12:52 PM

As most of you have guessed by now, this new Koolwheelz project for 2021 is all about Mattel Hot Wheels.
Specifically the "Original 16" Hot Wheels cars released in 1968.
And you now have the display stand for the entire set of original 16 models.

No, I will not call them the "sweet 16"...that is not a thing. lol
Up until very recently, I had never heard that phrase, and I've been a Hot Wheels fan for more than 50 years
I don't personally like the sound of the phrase...I assume its something a collector invented sometime since the Internet appeared.
For me, they are the "first or original sixteen" cars.

Anyway, I bought the very first Hot Wheels Track set in 1968...the Strip Action Set.
It came with my first Hot Wheels diecast car...I'm fairly sure it was the Custom Camaro
which also happens to be the very first Hot Wheels car to be released in stores.
(yes, the car's packages were numbered, but this had no bearing on their release order.
In fact there was no release order...once the Camaro was published, all the models appeared soon after.)

I collected about half of the original 16 cars released in 1968 (before 1969 brought dozens more cars!)

Hot Wheels were an integral part of my childhood, and have stayed with me (and my family) to this day.
Even 40 years later, my Daughter fell in love with them (and confiscated all my Track!).

I've said more than once that I would like to add more Hot Wheels Koolwheelz versions to my collection,
but I have avoided it because of the constant connection between my models and Hot Wheels toys.
I was really trying to distance myself from Mattel products to avoid any conflict or misunderstanding.

Now, enough time has passed, and the references to Hot Wheels toys have lessened.

And, earlier this year, I decided to revamp my Deora Koolwheelz model by creating a new Deora that was more accurate to the actual 1964 showcar...
and that means I need a second (Koolwheelz) Deora, that was more accurate to the Hot Wheels toy version.

Once the second Deora was done, I got the urge to create more of the original Hot Wheels I owned in that first year (1968).
Obviously, once I started that, I had no choice but to design the entire original 16 set in Koolwheelz style!

Each model is more accurate to the Hot Wheels toy rather than any real life vehicle it represents
but all are still within Koolwheelz styling limitations.
Scale is very close to the original Hot Wheels toy, but slightly larger to maintain easier assembly.

*...and a couple of the models are Advanced skill because of part count and/or part size.

The first model in the new series will be published on Jan 1.
Thats a Friday.
So every friday, for the following 16 weeks, I will release another model of the series.

And I will start with what is known to be the first designed and released Hot Wheels...the Custom Camaro.
After that, I have decided to go around the clock, as the cars are pictured (below) in this well known advertisement from 1968.

If you are a Mattel Hot Wheels fan, I'm sure you'll love this series.
Even if you're not a Hot Wheels fan, you should appreciate the various 1960s muscle cars and show cars in this set.
And if you are just a Koolwheelz fan, you should appreciate and enjoy the various designs I have created.
I had mucho lots'o fun doing this series.

So, Happy Holidays from me and I challenge all Koolwheelz fans to build and display the entire set of Koolwheelz Hot Wheels!
I will create a new dedicated thread just to the Koolwheelz Original 16 series...watch for it on Jan.1
Old 12-26-2020, 01:35 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
I'm excited to see this Dave! If I may, do you have an
approximate scale of the kits?

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Google Adsense