PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Dave Winfield's Projects

Old 09-18-2016, 07:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
Unhappy

Another remake/reboot/revisioning ! Where are the original ideas ? There was word a while back on a remake of Forbidden Planet -no, no NO ! Dont't these people not realise that they are tinkering with people's fond memories - but then, money is the main driver.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Mad Magazine did a parody of Fantastic Voyage back in the mid 1960's. Skin tight wetsuit, anyone?
Old 09-18-2016, 07:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Why the coveralls? over the wetsuits.
They knew where they were going and what for.
The overalls were completley redundant and uneccessary
...except for allowing Raquel to do the strip out of them!

I agree...there are enough Books out there to make an original screenplay these days.
But then again, its like Music...there are only so many combinations of notes.
You are bound to repeat Chords and progressions.
So even an original screenplay, gets compared to something thats already been done.

I think there are some films that stand on their own merit and should not be touched.
Forbidden Planet is one of those.

The Day the Earth Stood Still is another.
Reflecting the period after WW2 and the beginnings of the Nuclear age.
Its a story that cannot fairly be reproduced.
Its like retelling the story of Walt Disney ...while he worked at Pixar.
They butchered TDTESS by trying to turn it into an "environmental impact" advisory.

In contrast, Fantastic Voyage is a film that is better suited to today's CGI technology.
The special effects in that film were atrocious.
Not to mention the storyline and acting.
I tried to watch it again last night....didn't get too far.
I would look forward to a retelling of that film.
Now that we have better CGI and a better Medical understanding.
But they would have to come up with a better reason for the voyage
since we have now have the technology to fix many things without going into the body.

Plus, we now have AntMan.
We don't really need the Proteus.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:37 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
I love that movie! I was thinking of a simple Koolwheelz size. the more remakes the better, in mho. why? not because they replace the originals in my heart at all, but because of the meltdowns they cause. much more entertaining than the actual movies. all you have to do is say you like it and lean back and watch the comments. have a full cup of coffee ready and a flash drive so you can show people the rants. lol.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:24 AM

hahaha thats very true.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:53 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
human carpets

whats even worse is when people are so sensitive that they get their feelings hurt when you are simply just talking. not even saying anything offensive. you step on a nerve because someone else went out of their way to stomp on their nerves before you came along. they look like this while you are talking about some mundane subject that triggers their painful past.
Attached Thumbnails
AirDave's Kool Wheelz Collection-images.jpg  
Old 09-18-2016, 04:19 PM

I look exactly like that in the morning.

or when I'm trying to explain why I don't want to do a model of another vehicle I have no interest in.
lol
Old 09-19-2016, 09:07 AM

Reaching back to earlier requests for Lost In Space related models
(specifically the Chariot...although I am interested in doing a small Jupiter II)
I was quick to say no in this regard since I was never satisfied with this TV show.

I did, however, like the Movie reboot with Gary Oldman.

Well, it looks like there might be some renewed interest....
since Netflix is putting together a new TV reboot.

Not too many details yet.

Quote:
Netflix’s Lost in Space remake has locked in its first cast member, tapping Falling Skies actress Taylor Russell to play daughter Judy, TVLine has learned exclusively.
The role of John and Maureen’s eldest child was originated by Marta Kristen in the ’60s series, and later played by Heather Graham in the 1998 feature film.

The 10-episode, Legendary TV-produced family drama/sci-fi adventure, which was formally ordered in June and is set to premiere in 2018, will take its cues from the original series and follow the Robinson family as they are forced to come together in a time of crisis. Stranded light years from their intended destination, they find themselves battling a strange new alien environment and their own personal demons.

The project hails from writers Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless (Dracula Untold, Last Witch Hunter), with Zack Estrin (Prison Break) set as showrunner.

“The original series so deftly captured both drama and comedy, and that made it very appealing to a broad audience,” said Cindy Holland, Netflix’s VP of original content, back in June. “The current creative team’s reimagining of the series for Netflix is sure to appeal to both fans who fondly remember the original and to create a new generation of enthusiasts around the world.”
‘Lost in Space’ Remake on Netflix: Taylor Russell Cast as Judy Robinson | TVLine
Old 09-19-2016, 10:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Dave - Have you ever considered Hot Wheelsifying the Juggernaut from the serial film Crash Corrigan and The Undersea Kingdom, which I watched with great delight at the Waverly Theater in Baltimore in the late 1940s? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undersea_Kingdom)

We discussed the film and the vehicle in this thread: The JUGGERNAUT (from Undersea Kingdom (1936))

Chris Walas made the unforgettable entry: "And who could forget in Undersea Kingdom when Crash Corrigan was ruthlessly strapped to the front of the juggernaut and faced certain and gruesome annihilation when the Juggernaut was about to ram the gates of the fortress?!?

Don
Old 09-19-2016, 11:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Don,

That's funny as I just stumbled onto the Juggernaut last week while researching the Lunar tank from Commander Cody. I think the Juggernaut was reused in the Commander Cody series, with obvious exterior changes.

Bob