PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > der Kampfflieger Projects

Old 12-13-2015, 08:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.48 MB
Does this forum have a like button as facebook? :-)

Roman, your work always awesome.....
Old 05-25-2016, 06:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Interesting that this B-47 post arrived recently. I used a high pixel count card model along with what few actual line drawings survived
the FBI's wrecking crews who burnt all existing documentation. What remains is decent T.O. manuals and measured maintenance and
erection drawings.

Those along with 1/100th drawings Boeing gave to its awards manufacturer in L.A. were all that was available when I began the 1/8.7669
scale B-47E project, five years ago. At that time there were plenty of artist renderings but very few engineered aka technical drawings.

Well we beat on CAD of nearly every flavor before determining Ashlar-Vellum's Argon was our magic carpet ride to expediting competitive
flying scale model design and construction.

Below are a few photos of where we are today from when I first arrived on this forum. You guys were a great help in being patient more
than anything else I suppose I was considered a real design basher except for a few who saw where I and my partner in this crime are
headed. A pair (2) of 163" w/s electric ducted fan powered (EDF) Boeing B-47 Stratojets.

After wading through the sea of minimum documentation resources I finally hit the jackpot when Mr. Richard Reynolds of Norfolk, VA
contacted me after I made it be known I was willing to share the little over 5 gig I had collected in drawings and technical data.
Richard, a retired engineer from Newport News an aircraft carrier manufacturer, had been researching the B-47 to replicate the
aircraft at about 1/10th scale.

Before long he and I began exchanging data. Before long there was the makings of an actual research team with Richard and his friend
Mike, from West Va. as we set out visiting surviving B-47's on display near old and former USAF bases & museums East of Ft Collins, CO.

Last edited by Flite-Metal; 05-25-2016 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:16 PM

Now that I reintroduced myself I need your help to find a high resolution pdf card stock of a jet constructed by Bill Northrop and
as is the case with most of Bill's projects 10 years of so ahead of their need.

The F-89 Scorpion has been drawn in detail by no fewer than two designers. I need help in identifying which is the most detailed
with the largest pixel count. I desire to enlarge pdf to between 80" and 100" wingspan for use in the creation of a CNC milled R/C
jet.

Thanks for the feedback it is appreciated!
Old 05-25-2016, 08:39 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
NOBi has one............

1/48 Northrop F-89D "Scorpion" Paper Model

NOBi's work is excellent.........

My Drawings
Old 05-25-2016, 09:13 PM

Hi John,

There are a pair of them with few to no images disclosing the model nor is there any word relative to resolution of drawing.

I have been fortunate on other projects as they were large image pixel count enabling an enlargement with little to no loss
in resolution as I used original to design and construct a flying model project.

Looking for resolution of NOBi's F-89D Scorpion to see how many times image file can be enlarged before it begins to degradate.

Thanks
Google Adsense
Old 05-25-2016, 10:01 PM

Well, I suppose that'll do... ;^) Fabulous pin & ink work or did you do them electronically? Were you in the USN?

Here's the windshield at maximum enlargement. Hey, this is GREAT ! Be sure to click it to open image at its full size !
That will increase the windshield image to 20+ inches tall by 10+ inches wide as it appears on your screen. This is
somewhere around 1/5th scale if it were built to match the file... 80" to 100" is plenty large enough...

Attached Thumbnails
Coming soon - B-47 Stratojet-scorpion-windshield.jpg  

Last edited by Flite-Metal; 05-25-2016 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBI View Post
Does this forum have a like button as facebook? :-)

Roman, your work always awesome.....
NOBi,

Would you by chance know Mike Selby in Bangkok, Thailand ?

Are you using CAD to create your card models? What file flavor?
Old 05-26-2016, 06:48 AM
Eternal Member

Thanks........ used to do them the old fashioned way, now I use InkScape that allows me to still lay down individual lines, but on the screen........and I'm a Navy Brat, my dad served and I spent most of my early years going from base to base. So I have a special place in my heart for planes with fold-able wings!

NOBi uses Metasequoia to do his design work in, so it's vectored and has unlimited scaling ability.......... one of the reasons why I suggested his model

My Drawings
Old 05-26-2016, 07:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bowden View Post
NOBi uses Metasequoia to do his design work in, so it's vectored and has unlimited scaling ability.......... one of the reasons why I suggested his model

Nobi uses Rhino 3D.
This info and more can be found in the latest "Designer Spotlight" at ecardmodels.com

John? have you seen the recent Designer Spotlight at ecardmodels? lol
Old 05-26-2016, 02:37 PM
Eternal Member

Yes Dave........ I had a brain fart...........

He used to use Meta and now uses Rhino 3D to design his models........

My Drawings
Google Adsense