PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > der Kampfflieger Projects

Old 05-20-2011, 12:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.69 GB
Gotha G IV

GPM has a Gotha G IV in 1/33 scale.
I think the model has lozenge camouflage in the wings.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Did I mention this already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
There ia a great plastic kit of this plane in 1/32 scale from Wingnuts. Super detailed.
Here is an in process picture of my IPMS model club friend that is building it now.
It would be interesting to see a 1/33 scale paper version next to it.
Isaac
The WingNuts folks are truly enthusiasts and have shared a lot of their research "findings" on their website, which will be a boon if you want to use it as reference building Roman's kit. I know I've downloaded all their images and instruction 'books' (highly detailed coverage) for that purpose, though I am toying with the idea of getting one of their kits (a gorgeous kit is a gorgeous kit after all...plastic or not.)
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale
Old 05-20-2011, 04:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
It does look like a beautiful kit, but is about three same price as another stripped lower to build another AR. Hard choice.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnr5 View Post
It does look like a beautiful kit, but is about three same price as another stripped lower to build another AR. Hard choice.
Ah, yes the cost is a definite issue. I've seen the WingNut Gotha built up and can attest for the quality of the basic kit. But, I like to stick to a constant scale if possible, so Roman's kit fits right into my collection of 1:48 aircraft (finally, a Gotha!)

Sometimes, though, I feel one must consider expanding outside the 'normal' comfort zone and take on a challenge. Consider I've built only one Pocher car model in my life, on commission. The fellow paid $800 for me to make it for him, and that was cheap - what a beast! But it looked very nice when done even if half the nuts kept 'backing off' if you moved the working parts (Locktite failed to keep thing together even, and CA glue has no shear strength.) But I'm still glad I did it.

That is why I'm tempted, for the challenge and the pure result, even if I'm eating beans for lunch for a while...I'm still glad they WN folks are so generous to share their resources with the world, very nice of them.
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale