PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > der Kampfflieger Projects

Old 05-06-2013, 05:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
You have definitely captured the appearance of this beautiful floatplane, Roman.

Don
Old 05-06-2013, 09:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thank you, Don!
Old 05-15-2013, 06:14 AM

E15K in 3 liveries available at my Facebook store: https://apps.facebook.com/ecwid-shop...~~mode=product

Old 05-15-2013, 07:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I've got mine, and they are beautiful models. Great work, as always, Roman!

Green tail number 150-01 is in the markings for the reconnaissance seaplane flight of the light cruiser Oyodo. Apparently the first operational E15Ks were supposed to make up the recon seaplane detachment of Oyodo but were diverted to Palau. I am not sure what the markings were of the aircraft that went to Palau. They may have been in the Oyodo markings.

So far, I have not been able to identify the unit of gray J-K 2-3. Do you know what the unit is, Roman?

I presume that the orange color scheme was the one used by Kawanishi for flight testing and perhaps at the flight test facility at Yokosuka.

Just now I am in a time crunch, getting ready for class, and don't have my references handy, but perhaps members of the forum with more knowledge about this than I will weigh in with info.

Meanwhile, you might find this thread at the J-Aircraft site to be of interest. Lots of discussion about the assignments of the few E15Ks that went into service and about the remains of one that has been found in Palau: "The Bent Prop Project" Finds A Kawanishi SHIUN Lost Near PALAU! *PICS*

Don
Old 05-15-2013, 09:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Thanks for the link, Don. Interesting reading. Almost went to Palau once but decided Truk was far enough for good WWII wreck diving.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:03 PM

Don, I don't know about J-K 2-3 unit. Possibly it's one of six prototypes used by Air Technical Arsenal.

Total 15 was built, 6 prototypes and 9 production examples. 6 of production aircraft was sent to Palau and destroyed by US forces. According to another sources from 1 to 6 machines was added to cruiser Oyoda and was destroyed soon.