PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Requests

Old 02-07-2015, 08:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.44 MB
I think it would be redundant now that Uhu does the exact same version. In theory I'd just have to subdivide it into developable surfaces and do the textures, but Uhu's version looks exactly as I would imagine the best possible outcoming - so I put it on the backburner.
Old 02-07-2015, 08:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.41 MB
That's a shame, with yours, the access is generally straight forward, with his, well? I just don't know the right poetry, the secret handshake, or the next move in the ongoing chess game!
Mike
Old 02-07-2015, 08:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Uhu is designing the one from Prometheus...it could only add to our hobby if you were to continue with your design of the Derelict from Alien, the true original...
Old 02-07-2015, 10:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.44 MB
OhioMike, you can download each design by Uhu during the first weeks after he puts it online without any password required, afterwards you need one. Even when I didn't know the password, I found it fairly straight-forward to download it in time before it got closed.

SJPONeill, the problem is that my 3D model is also the one from Prometheus. Changing it to the derelict from Alien would require a complete new design.

I'll wait for Uhu to finish his one, if I find that it is worth to invest more time in another paper model of it I'll come back to it. I just don't have time to make redundant work currently.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.60 MB
SJPONeill there is a project in progress of the Derelict on zealot:
Derelict (Alien) | Page 2 | Zealot
Google Adsense
Old 06-01-2017, 01:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 114.28 MB
Alien 'DERELICT' Space Ship Paper Model

Finally!

I have been able to find the first PAPER model that Czech model designer 'Vger1981' made of the Alien 'Derelict' space ship, as seen in the original, first "ALIEN" movie from 1979. And if I understand it correctly, the member of our forum 'Revell-Fan' built the (beta?) model and also provided the excellent and very creative art work for the cover for the model:

Alien, Derelict papercraft by Vger1981 on DeviantArt

NB! This model is NOT the same model as the one currently being designed by Uhu02, which is a more rounded model (the 'Juggernaut'), with it's origins in the recent 'Prometheus' prequel movie (the one before the current 'Alien Covenant' movie just released last week).

The Derelict model is available in four color versions (Model): neutral black/white (grey), blue, brown, and yellow. There is a set of assembly instructions, consisting of twenty clear pictures (Instructions).

I think I will try my hand at the brownish model...

Thank you so much, Vger1981, for your hard work, and for making it available

and all the best from Stockholm,
Bengt
Old 06-01-2017, 05:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.73 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidoosnopro View Post
Funny about this I was at Bob Burns house in the early 90's and he had the full size prop in his driveway . He offered it to me and my friends if we wanted it and could get it our of there . To bad We lacked the resourses at the time to remove . The thing was huge . As I remember it the outside of it was covered in a mesh of steel to simulate the panels . Any way really neat model . I will be following this one
Shamf ..... Forest J. Ackerman would have built another garage to house it.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
That he would have, may he R.I.P.
Old 06-30-2018, 09:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 246.84 MB
I've finally gotten around to this! Well I did get around to it about two weeks ago and finished it today (the Giger brown version).

Here are some pics:

Yes I'm a bit of a fan

I did add a fair few more internal supports for certain parts and lots of extra pipe strips glued on top to somewhat break up the distinct sections and make it less smooth (and hide all the imperfections, shh).

Can't say it was easy or pleasant to build though, lots of the darn pieces wouldn't align themselves properly (or I glued them on backwards lol) and I had to reprint and redo. Definitely not for beginners. :P

Still, big props and thanks to Vger1981 and Revellfan for this version. I am very curious what UHU02's juggernaut will look like when he finishes it.