PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Requests

Old 03-30-2016, 10:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Interesting work going on here. Have a project floating around in my head for years that needs a good method to generate a sphere. Will follow to see your solutions.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 12.68 MB
Just a quick update:

Yep still working on this. The main thing I'm stuck on now is the pump assembly. I've re-worked it 3 times, and I've started on a fourth. I should probably look up threads on building modern airliner gear bogies as it is a similar problem: lots of little cylinders connected up by tubes (It's why I like retracted gear!).

There's been a couple of issues with the actual design in the way I initially plotted it out. It was too complicated for the scale (didn't even unfold properly at any rate). I also placed it along one of the engine trusses, pretty much the way it looks in the book and sketch profiles. (see previous post on pumps)

Freeman's picture (see on rear of ship) on the other hand shows this at a 45deg angle, which is the same as the Merriman model (pic here). So, this final rework will be to rotate it around to 45 as well. I've started the parallel prototype and I'll compare it to the 45deg offset when I get the chance.

Unfortunately right now I really have to deal with Uncle Sam, so it will be a bit before I can update again. TTFN

Tags
thing, paper, kits, plastic, fall, people, challenge, master, papercraft, art, glove, trow, stone, admidt, shortcomings, painted, spacraft, request, 50ties, design, odd, concepts, early, published, colliers