PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Requests

Old 02-08-2016, 03:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 179.03 MB
I've never seen a model of a Cord Car has anyone else

I've never seen a paper model of a Cord car, sedan or convertible. I finally bought a 1/12th scale convertible model on Ebay. It was the first car I think to have hideaway headlights. The taxi cab in the movie the Shadow was a sedan that had been altered to make it longer. I also seem to remember the old Doc Savage movie from the 1970s had a bronze convertible with running boards for Doc to ride on. I'm a big comic book and pulp fan. Would love to have a paper model to build of one of these.

Clif
Google Adsense
Old 02-08-2016, 03:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Never seen a paper model, but there are several plastic ones around. Assume the 1/12 you have is the old AMT one. Monogram has one in 1/24 that hasn't been out for a few years. Lindberg has one in 1/25, but is old tech multi-piece body from late 50's that is a bear to assemble. There is a hard to find Japanese 1/24 Sportsman (front seat only) roadster. Herb Deeks did a resin Beverly sedan many years ago. The fenders and the roof on the sedans would be tough to do in paper.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.75 MB
Quote:
The fenders and the roof on the sedans would be tough to do in paper.
That is the reason why I personally avoid those thirties cars even they were so beautifully designed. The only way to avoid ugly cut marks all around that kind of shapes would be to mimic that Canon '36 Ford from Toshimasa Mitsutake design. That is a pretty good looking model and I am pretty sure it would be the best approach for a '36-37 Cord Model.

Cami

Tags
model, convertible, car, doc, movie, cord, sedan, paper, boards, ride, running, savage, bronze, 1970s, comic, build, love, clif, fan, book, pulp, big, hideaway, ebay, bought