PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Requests

Old 02-28-2016, 04:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Would love to see some of those also in 1/25. Add Austin Tilly, Bedford MW and Scammell Explorer.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
1/25th?
I am glad to see in a interest in larger scale stuff.
Only problem is, it makes these projects much more complicated
and they take a lot more time (than designing small scale stuff).
I would definitely consider doing another Airfield Accessories Kit, of RAF/British stuff,
but that would be 1/50(1/48) scale.

As far as doing a single one of these ideas in 1/25th scale...
I just started preliminary work on a new large scale AFV model.
Something to sit beside my Centurion.
So, it'll be in 1/16 scale.
But unfortunately it's not one of the vehicles you've mentioned here.

That Quad and Field Gun would have made a suitable alternative though.
I think I will definitely put that on the "future to-do" list.
I am motivated by anything that was a Dinky, Corgi or Airfix model.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
1/25th is good, but I for one would be delighted to see an array of British WWII tactical vehicles in 1/48 (or 1/50). Guaranteed sales here for any that you may produce, Dave.

I'll go for any 1/25th or 1/16th models as well, but I groove on 1/48.

Don
Old 02-28-2016, 11:57 PM

For myself coming out of the plastic model car and truck field in the US 1/25th is the standard scale with 1/24 following. So when you have a 40 year plus collection already you try to keep the scale the same. Its only been in the last few years with a selection of European and Asian kits of subjects that I'm really interested in, and little hope of seeing in 1/25, that I'm begin to buy some things in 1/24th. Some when you get into other scales such as 1/48 or 1/16 the chance of purchase declines rapidly. Although a major advantage of paper is the ability to scale up and down.
Old 02-29-2016, 03:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 26.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
When I was a lad in the 50's, practically every garage had either a Matador or a Morris Quad in use as a recovery vehicle.

Matties were great but don't ya just have to love the Moggie Quad? It's gotta be the ugliest truck ever built ... but it just shrieks with character.

I was sure I had a paper one somewhere in my 'To do' archive, but I can't find it. I guess it musta just been memories of the Airfix kits I had as a youth. I had all of those you show in the last post. (Airfix not WAK) I'm sure there was a Moggie Quad available too though. My rather dodgy memory says it came with a field gun and limber.

Yep! (Google to the rescue) There it is, but the earlier ones were even uglier.
Agree that the Quad (Morris Commercial C8 FAT) was a WW2 design icon Definitely need one of those!

Found this picture of the 'standard' C8 GS utility version being overtaken by an invalid carriage

On scale my preference goes towards the 1:25 & 1:33 that a large number of paper models already appear in - uniformity of collection as Whulsey mentions & options for dioramas.
I also like the detail possible at these scales without requiring super eyesight & dexterity
If produced electronically rescaling for the rest of the field (there are a lot of possibilities for a 1:48th collection given the number of aircraft available at that scale) should be straightforward I hope.
Attached Thumbnails
British WW2 trucks-morris_1944_c8_gs_utility_vehicle_reg_gsl_684.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 02-29-2016, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by consistseeker View Post
Sorry for the misunderstanding I meant the ones in the airfix raf airfield book, but the raf resupply set would be a good start. Now all I need is some designer to do his magic in a scale of 1/48 or 1/50 to go with the iron maiden spitfire.
- consistseeker - sorry I am unfamiliar with that book.
Is what is in those pictures not the same as the book? I would've guessed the company would have promoted their vehicles?

Looking at the recent run of WW2 soft-skinned vehicles from Answer & Wak, some of which I found were designed by Mariusz Kita, I wondered why GB classics have been largely omitted. Ok we do see the Matador but where are the rest of them
I like the sound of a 1:16 Quad...
Old 02-29-2016, 11:46 AM

The European WW2's and US vehicles have been pretty well covered. Although there is still a shortage of the larger US trucks such as Federal, Mack, FWD and IH. Would like to see some of those also, especially since many were converted from and to civilian uses. Actually I'd just like to see a bunch of trucks from the mid-30s to early 50's period: all nations.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 342.84 MB
The best i could find of Morris C8 is from ABC magazine, again not so well detailed
PaperModel.cz

Ecards also have model of Morris CDSW, any of you might be interested
1/38 Morris CD-SW Tractor Paper Model

HTH
Old 03-01-2016, 04:51 AM

Whulsey - you are right of course. It is interesting that some of these exist in plastic & not in paper & vice versa. This last year I've noticed how the plastic manufacturers seem to be copying the paper designers, presumably having run out of ideas
Some of the WW2 US icons e.g. GMC & Studebaker 6x6 are well covered, others not so much.

I found some beauts on this site -
classic commercial

Raja Ahsani - thanks for searching. Those are nice but not in the scale/detail range I'm looking for personally. Proves it can be done tho

& time to hijack my own thread with some US muscle
Attached Thumbnails
British WW2 trucks-four-wheel-drive-har-03-4x4-1942.jpg   British WW2 trucks-reo-coleman-4x4-dump.jpg   British WW2 trucks-wbfd-01.jpg   British WW2 trucks-sm6175-31_zpsff59b983.jpg   British WW2 trucks-fed94x43_jan.jpg  

British WW2 trucks-federal-94x43-01.jpg   British WW2 trucks-the_original_monster_truck_-_mm1_teracruzer_1423123294-620x357.jpg  

Last edited by hirondelle; 03-01-2016 at 05:02 AM.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 474.03 MB
Actually the magazine was produced some time ago. It has drawings of most of the vehicles used in the Raf during the war. I found my copy online but someone here had acquired a copy.
Google Adsense

Tags
british, trucks, morris, ww2, cool, bedford, stable, half-track, scale, wishlist, designing, love, feels, 125th, paper, well-regarded, designs, rommel, managed, chevy, 15cwt, loved, struggling, find, c15ta