PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Requests

Old 03-02-2016, 04:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
I'm planning on scratch building the scamell pioneer tank transporter. I have the wak kit of the scamell pioneer but I won't be building it. it looks okay as an intermediate model but doesn't have enough detail my liking. I haven't really designed model before so if anyone's got any tips as to what software to use am familiar and have sketch up but not quite sure how I get it from there to a flat model that I can cut out.

Old 03-02-2016, 05:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Hirondelle, thanks for the link. There's goes some hours exploring.

Some nice trucks you posted, love the REO. I was going to try and scale up the MM1 off the Revell (ex-Renwal) Mace kit in 1/32, but was one of the kits I lost and haven't found another one. I wanted to convert it to 1/25 and do the dump trucks that were used by a couple of Dutch companies in building some new highways in the 60's.

That is my interest in the trucks is building them as they were converted to civilian uses, like the Dragon Wagons into heavy haulage by Wynn's. Swords into plowshares in a trucking version.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 26.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by consistseeker View Post
Actually the magazine was produced some time ago. It has drawings of most of the vehicles used in the Raf during the war. I found my copy online but someone here had acquired a copy.
I did a quick search but ended up with a lot of other thing with airfix & RAF in the titles
It'll turn up eventually
Old 03-03-2016, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whulsey View Post
Hirondelle, thanks for the link. There's goes some hours exploring.

Some nice trucks you posted, love the REO. I was going to try and scale up the MM1 off the Revell (ex-Renwal) Mace kit in 1/32, but was one of the kits I lost and haven't found another one. I wanted to convert it to 1/25 and do the dump trucks that were used by a couple of Dutch companies in building some new highways in the 60's.

That is my interest in the trucks is building them as they were converted to civilian uses, like the Dragon Wagons into heavy haulage by Wynn's. Swords into plowshares in a trucking version.
Sounds like you enjoy increasing your workload!
Some of the stories I've heard about ex-WW2 vehicles have been real interesting.
Good that you are keeping that bit of history alive in your work.

The REO has great curves, some of those old trucks could be an entire career of modeling on their own.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanmodels View Post
I'm planning on scratch building the scamell pioneer tank transporter. I have the wak kit of the scamell pioneer but I won't be building it. it looks okay as an intermediate model but doesn't have enough detail my liking. I haven't really designed model before so if anyone's got any tips as to what software to use am familiar and have sketch up but not quite sure how I get it from there to a flat model that I can cut out.
A bit OT -
Is that Wak Scammell kit by M. Kita?
I like the subjects he does but I have reservations about his textures.

Scammell tank transporter would be a beast to build What tank will it be carrying?

This is a nice period video that could be a diorama inspiration

Last edited by hirondelle; 03-03-2016 at 05:40 AM. Reason: vid
Google Adsense
Old 03-03-2016, 06:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Great video! Many thanks.

Don
Old 03-03-2016, 07:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 94.36 MB
@hirondelle:
Thank you very much for this interesting thread and all the inspiration; I'm looking forward to seeing whatever may come of it. Myself, I'm afraid I won't be of too much help since "my" scale is much smaller (H0, 1:87), and whatever models I may have come up with are rather "crude", being created in Windows Paint (do I hear anybody moan "ough!"?) at ten pixels per millimeter (300 dpi?). I've seen here, though, a very interesting collection of military vehicles, some of which would have taken the logistic brunt in WWII; thank you very much for all those pictures!
I hope you'll find somebody who's gotten interested enough in designing models of (at least some of) those vehicles; good luck !!!
- Tex
Old 03-03-2016, 02:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Hirondelle
the wak kit is by M Kita.
I am Going to put the halinksi Sherman firefly making on the Scammell tank transporter.

Old 03-04-2016, 05:22 AM

- Tex - Thanks. TBH I had a lot of smaller scale stuff pre-paper, but having found what is possible with paper I want to do a few 'big' scale things.
Funny to think I didn't like big scale in plastic, years back, I'd a Monogram 1:8 corvette stingray, I ended giving it away as a gift. The 1:24 Zero I had didn't inspire me as much as the smaller scale plastic kit.
Weird right? In metal & plastic I always went for the small scales (1:100, 1:87, 1:76, 1:72, etc), now I like the bigger models in paper better.
So I am not a 'scale-ist' HO is good

- Don - glad you enjoyed it!

- romanmodels - you will certainly be busy with all that.
Sounds like you will be emulating Enrico63's genius with the MAZ+ChMAP

----

Here are a few more classics - some of the Austin & the Crossley FWD (Four Wheel Drive) variants, the Albion CX22S heavy artillery tractor & BY3N, Commer Q4, Fordson WOT8 & the Loyd carrier.

The Fordson WOT8 & Austin K6 also went to Russia & were used as BM-13-16 Katyusha platforms.
Attached Thumbnails
British WW2 trucks-albion-by3n-1.jpg   British WW2 trucks-albion-by3n-2.jpg   British WW2 trucks-albion-by3n-tanker.jpg   British WW2 trucks-albion-cx22s-heavy-artillery-tractor.jpg   British WW2 trucks-aus1024px-k21.jpg  

British WW2 trucks-commer-q4-captured.jpg   British WW2 trucks-commer-q4-r.jpg   British WW2 trucks-fordson-wot8-2.jpg   British WW2 trucks-fordson-wot8.jpg   British WW2 trucks-fordson-wot8-c.jpg  

British WW2 trucks-fwd_crash_tender.jpg   British WW2 trucks-fwd_flatbed.jpg   British WW2 trucks-fwd_with_trailer.jpg   British WW2 trucks-leyland-retriever-crane.jpg   British WW2 trucks-leyland-retriever.jpg  

British WW2 trucks-loyd-carrier-the_british_army_in_north-west_europe_1944-45_b11262.jpg   British WW2 trucks-the_british_army_in_france_1940_f4301.jpg  
Old 03-04-2016, 12:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Really need some Albions and a Fordson WOT8 would be real nice also.
Google Adsense

Tags
british, trucks, morris, ww2, cool, bedford, stable, half-track, scale, wishlist, designing, love, feels, 125th, paper, well-regarded, designs, rommel, managed, chevy, 15cwt, loved, struggling, find, c15ta