PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Requests

Old 11-08-2017, 09:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Question MS Ciandra / MS Colonia

Hello everyone,

I am a brand new member here - literally signed up moments ago. I am not actually posting to request a design of a boat I have in mind. I actually have the schematics and printed sheets of a boat that I'd like to have built.

I'd very much like to hire someone. I have no experience building, and this particular model has a very special and sentimental value to my family. The boat itself made numerous trips between Europe and Canada, and my mother is named after her. The boat's disappearance is something of a mystery. All we know is that my great grandfather used to Captain the vessel, and he passed in a really unfortunate non boating-related accident.

I have two pages of the boat all sectioned off, colored-in and ready to be assembled together. They just need to be cut out.

I live in the London, Ontario region of Canada, and am hoping some of you could recommend someone that could build this for me. I'd love to give it to my mother as a Christmas gift. One of the challenges is that the instructions are printed in German. So I need to get these things translated.

I'm terrified to attempt this project myself.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration. My many apologies if I have posted in the wrong area.
Google Adsense
Old 11-09-2017, 01:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 33.09 MB
Hello tommycoke,

due to lack of time I cannot help you by building this model - which maybe would also come to harm by an overseas shipment - but maybe I can encourage you to try to build it by yourself?

The CIANDRA model you have seems to be one of the Wilhelmshavener Modellbaubogen Verlag. It is a rather simple construction suitable for beginners with not too much details. With a little help from the forum and pictures of some building steps here - I am sorry but the comments are also in german - you might come to a respectable result. Try the common web-translation sites for the instructions.

There is one site about the CIANDRA and her sister ship here. Her fate was to burnout and turn over lying at anchor at Singapur in 1977 and then getting wrecked in 1979.

So what about this idea: Rescale the model to a scale about 1:1000 and put in in front of a photograph. This will also be a prsentable christmas gift.

Best regards
Old 11-13-2017, 09:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi Front Light,

Thank you for such a helpful and motivating response! I'm also absolutely delighted by what you've found on the ship! This news is completely new to myself and my family. I'm very grateful for this.

You've convinced me to saddle up and build this model myself I'm currently looking for assistance in translating the instructions; I checked out some auto translators, which are unfortunately skipping off the surface of this language's complexities.

Thanks again, and I'll be sure to post progress pics.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 33.09 MB
Best wishes for your project!