PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Requests

Old 12-28-2017, 11:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfuruti View Post
John, that's the toggling counterpart of the link I annexed. You'll only see this text after you link the first one, because it hides the earlier models.
I did not see that your picture showed the highlighted link, I was internetting without glassses so I did not see the small stuff. That was a tricky line to copy, I kept on getting flipped to the next page before I could the the copy button.

There are a couple of the automatons that I like and might try making.

@PapercraftNony: Have you found any paper model flowers that come close to what you are looking for?
If you can find enough photos of the peruvian flower you could try printing the pictures and cutting out the petals and assembling them. Paint.net is a free to down load image processing program that is easy to use. The clone and rescale functions could be used to make petal images, and you could get stamens, pistels, stems and leaves from a Canon paper model.

Here are some other names of the flower that you can google to find more pictures.
Alstroemeria, the Peruvian lily, or lily of the Incas, is a genus of flowering plants in the family Alstroemeriaceae.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Yeah, opening up the larger display still doesn't get you to the original flowers

He had one of miniature roses that drove me bonkers. That was before I had much experience. Now I wish I could find it again so I could give it a shot.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
I made a couple of petals using paint.net using clone, smudge and lasso select functions.
It took me a couple of minutes, and I am not skilled and did try to be careful.
If you cloned the inner pink color and texture from the flower to a larger area, you could print that and use it as the outside of the flower. Stamens and pistles could be borrowed from other flower models or made them with wire, rolled paper bits and water color paints.
Print glue up and cut out the petals, bend and crinkle them into shape, assemble them on a stem, repeat a couple of time, add leaves, and you will have made a one of a kind paper bouquet.
Use any flower that you can find useful pictures of as the image source.
Attached Thumbnails
Peruvian Flower Request-alstroemeria_inca_mystic_1.jpg   Peruvian Flower Request-alstroemeria_inca_mystic_1a.jpg   Peruvian Flower Request-alstroemeria_inca_mystic.jpg  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Beautiful work there. Are you going to branch out to Floral Displays?
Old 12-28-2017, 04:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 451.36 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wagenseil View Post
I did not see that your picture showed the highlighted link, I was internetting without glassses so I did not see the small stuff. That was a tricky line to copy, I kept on getting flipped to the next page before I could the the copy button.

There are a couple of the automatons that I like and might try making.
I guessed you hadn't noticed that clicking changes the link text's second half. I only replied because someone could get confused looking for the text you quoted.

Yes, Sasatoku's sites offers a lot of models. Pity missing the more detailed flowers though.
Google Adsense
Old 12-28-2017, 04:33 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
has anyone emailed them asking for those flowers to be reposted?
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo