PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Requests

Old 02-23-2018, 09:46 AM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
Piedmont Airlines DC-3

Not sure if anyone saw my earlier post about being involved with restoring a Piedmont Airlines DC-3 at the North Carolina Teansportation Museum located in Spencer, NC.
I don’t know how to design or recolor kits so what I’m asking is. Can anyone recolor, preferably the Alan Rose Dc-3 to Piedmont colors? Any other larger kit would work as well.
I totally understand it’s not as easy as 1-2-3 so if it’s not possible that’s ok. I’d like to build one, or several to place around the museum and the shop where we are restoration the three.
Thanks in advance for any help what so ever.
Attached Thumbnails
Piedmont Airlines DC-3-764b2379-7c1e-45ed-b062-bab8b9cbe8b8.jpeg  
Google Adsense
Old 02-23-2018, 10:01 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 136.87 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richschindler View Post
Not sure if anyone saw my earlier post about being involved with restoring a Piedmont Airlines DC-3 at the North Carolina Teansportation Museum located in Spencer, NC.
I don’t know how to design or recolor kits so what I’m asking is. Can anyone recolor, preferably the Alan Rose Dc-3 to Piedmont colors? Any other larger kit would work as well.
I totally understand it’s not as easy as 1-2-3 so if it’s not possible that’s ok. I’d like to build one, or several to place around the museum and the shop where we are restoration the three.
I can recolor the DC-3. I would need all possible information, three view plans, all coloring details. I wouldn't do the Alan Rose model because it is not a full model. I think it is not worth it. No tail etc. It is a matter of tastes, naturally but I would prefer the full airplane. There are other excellent versions since this aircraft is extremely popular. Let me know if you are interested. I might do it.

RICK
Old 02-23-2018, 10:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richschindler View Post
You wish for the Alan Rose version?

I can do it. I just need good photos of the livery from several angles.

It may take me some time to do it though (a couple of weeks maybe), as I'm engaged with study, work, and some real-life matters. But it is feasible. Just send me a PM.

Or.. if someone else wishes to attempt the Alan Rose recolor, and can do it faster than me, I will gladly send the original Corel files for they to work with.

Kind regards,