PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Requests

Old 05-11-2018, 08:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.11 GB
Designer's Wanted

I am involved with teaching Astronomy to Young People in my Area. The age range is from 6 - 18 years.
Having been informed of the latest developments in the Space Technology Field and Missions from ESA and NASA.....I am looking for Scaled Paper Models of current Spacecraft..... i.e. ESA's Exo-Mars Gas Trace Orbiter with the Schiaparelli Lander and NASA's InSight Cruise and Lander ........

Nothing, in my opinion enthuses Young Peoples Imagination more.....than making a Model of or on the Topic that they are Learning about.......

If anyone is prepared to have a go....PLEASE DO......As both ESA and NASA appear to be a little slow responding to my e-mails.....

Many thanks for taking the time to read this post.....
Google Adsense
Old 05-12-2018, 02:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
The Lower Hudson site of Jon Leslie has a couple, if you scroll down to three fifth of the page, there are a lot of probes and satellites made by forum member John Jogerst (Yogi) you probably could use.

Erik te Groen has a couple of satellites, albeit they are from an older era.

Alfonso Moreno has a couple of small sats on his site here.

Over here you might find some more satellites and probes, but the list is old and there are lots of dead links, unfortunately.

And of course, also here on our own forum there is a whole lot of satellites and probes to be found in our download section.

I hope this helps. Good luck with the teaching! Most people are fascinated by space but completely clueless about what it actually is and what is happening nowadays with astronomy. You're doing a good job in giving young people a chance to get a grasp about it.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 398.46 MB
I may not have the Exo-Mars Gas Trace Orbiter with the Schiaparelli Lander and NASA's InSight Cruise and Lander models on my site, but
I do have the MARCO (Mars Cube One) that is now traveling to Mars
with the InSight Lander.

I also have many spacecraft and rocket paper models as well and they are mostly historic ones.

I hope this helps.

My website here Home.

Zach
Old 05-12-2018, 08:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 47.78 MB
If you want something current, NASA's TESS was just launched in April -- there are two paper models available:

* From Zach's PaperSat Designs (TESS paper model is #39 below)
Spacecrafts Page 2

* NASA's official TESS paper model
https://tess.gsfc.nasa.gov/paper_model.html

Cheers!

TFM
Old 05-12-2018, 02:12 PM

Dear Paper Kosmanaught,

Many thanks for the info. I have already Downloaded most of this sites Satellites, Probes and Rockets to illustrate plus a heap of Educational Packs so that the Young People Involved can then see how important Maths, Communication, are in the real world...

I have a relationship with the local Scout and Guide Group who regularly invite me to their weekend Camps, where the YOUNG people working in their groups, learn about previous missions - what the mission was for, how it was planned, what knowledge was gained AND WHAT COMPLEXITIES the mission threw up.....and even more importantly, How they overcame those challenges.......i.e. re-alignment of the Focus on the Hubble Space Telescope.....

Thank you for your encouragement......If word on the grape vine is ever picked up by your sensitive radar.....Would you please let me know.....

Once again Many Thanks for reading my post and for your time and trouble - responding to it....

Richard
Google Adsense
Old 05-12-2018, 02:25 PM

Dear Zach,

Many thanks for taking the time to read and also, to take the time to reply.

I have already downloaded your Marco1 CubeSat Model, and built....and am now pulling the information together from Nasa. I have managed to get a contact at John Hopkins University which is attached to JPL Nasa or Caltech.....but I am hoping to develop this contact......

I have for Sometime been on the lookout for Lunokhod 1 & 2. I have found a couple of Paper Models but, unfortunately they are written in Czech......Neither of which I can read or write, and secondly the print is a little blotchy....

I have already Downloaded most of this sites Satellites, Probes and Rockets to illustrate plus a heap of Educational Packs so that the Young People Involved can then see how important Maths, Communication, are in the real world...

I have a relationship with the local Scout and Guide Group who regularly invite me to their weekend Camps, where the YOUNG people working in their groups, learn about previous missions - what the mission was for, how it was planned, what knowledge was gained AND WHAT COMPLEXITIES the mission threw up.....and even more importantly, How they overcame those challenges.......i.e. re-alignment of the Focus on the Hubble Space Telescope.....

Thank you for your encouragement......If word on the grape vine is ever picked up by your sensitive radar.....Would you please let me know.....

Once again Many Thanks for reading my post and for your time and trouble - responding to it....

Yours,

Richard