PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Requests

Old 12-26-2021, 01:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikischutt View Post
This makes no sense, are we disliking people because of their nationality now?

At the moment, it's just someone asking for a model (with some history attached to it). But this can be said for most of the models we build. I'm sure there are Japanese builders out there who feel strongly against B-29s, Germans against B-17s, Americans against the WTC towers. Are we really going to start censoring this forum?

This wasn't political until you made it political. As noted above, everything can have a political or hate spin attached to it depending on perspective. Let's not go down that rabbit hole.
exactly he is the one making this a political issue no one else.i guess he would ban . using his thinking this should be banned also
Attached Thumbnails
Pillar of Shame-78601787_10158037162171600_5012144194966257664_n.jpg   Pillar of Shame-53.jpg  
Old 12-26-2021, 02:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Right now there is a thread on complete Word Trade Center complex model including Twin Towers.

World Trade Center, Twin Towers, NYC

I use to have paper models of both majdanek Memorial and block 11 from Oswiecim.Both museums use to sell those ages ago.

Never forget.
Old 12-26-2021, 07:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
The Pillar of Shame is a political issue in HK right from the start and don't pretend it is not. The Twin Towers is obviously not a political issue until after their destruction.
To put the record straight, it is misleading to say that the pillar was destroyed. It was just removed from a place where it stood without permission for the past 24 years at the campus of the University of HK.
It was not destroyed but dismantled and stored in a container awaiting collection by its maker.
I have never said that it should be banned but just that do it some place else and let's focus on papermodelling on this forum. So don't accuse me for starting this political!!

So, enough is enough and no more of this endless argument, ah, rabbit hole, as Niki puts it.
Old 12-28-2021, 06:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermate View Post
Do you need a 3-D model of the Auschwitz with activities therein in great details?
Or replica of a WW2 Japanese soldier hoisting a bayoneted Chinese infant like a flag during the Nanjing massacre?
A model of a memorial? Memorial of what, the June 4th incident (so called massacre according to western media) in Beijing 1989 which is a scam? Have you seen the footage by a French reporter showing queues of "purportedly massacred" Chinese students and young men leaving the Tiananmen Square, marching and chanting "I'll be back", the morning after June 4th?

All these "memorials" are being brought back by people like you!
Would you please stop promoting HATE on this forum that should focus on papermodeling instead.

A good example is that you guys hate Putin so much but yet honour Maxim like God because of his free models (you are still dying for his YAK )! Yuck!

Come on, give this forum a break and stay away from POLITICS, whether expressly or in disguise!
Really youre comments are a joke, If Putin ever designs paper models i would be happy to build them
Old 12-29-2021, 07:55 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Butelczynski - this actually would be an interesting paper model given the fact there 3 others as well.

While I knew about the Hongkong one (which is the famous one as it commemorates those who died at Tiananmen Square), I did not realise that there were others - one in Rome (the deaths caused worldwide by hunger), one in Mexico City (which marks the December 1997 massacre of members of the Las Abejas civil society group and one in Belém, Brazil (which commemorates the victims of the 1996 Eldorado dos Carajás massacre).

The sculptures are by Danish artist Jens Galschiřt and were cast in bronze, copper or concrete - thus the different colours and the fact that at some times some of the memorials were wrapped or painted differently lends itself to several different models once the one has been designed. They were also displayed in a number of different countries.

The varients could be produced via repaints.

From left to right...

Pics 1 and 2 - Brazil
Pic 3 - Mexico
Pic 4 - Denmark
Pic 5 - Hong Kong
Attached Thumbnails
Pillar of Shame-braz-1.jpg   Pillar of Shame-braz2.jpg   Pillar of Shame-mexi.jpg   Pillar of Shame-den.jpg   Pillar of Shame-tananmen-square.jpg