PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Requests

Old 06-07-2011, 09:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Can't have too many trying to produce something; everybody does it a little differently.

Wyvern
Old 06-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
Can't have too many trying to produce something; everybody does it a little differently.

Wyvern
Too right, i just didn't want to step on Necroscope's design - what he is doing is really good - a cool guy for sure
Old 06-07-2011, 09:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
Too right, i just didn't want to step on Necroscope's design - what he is doing is really good - a cool guy for sure
Agreed!

Necroscope- you've got an official fan club- Pete and I!

Wyvern
Old 06-07-2011, 09:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
and me too!
Old 06-07-2011, 10:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Spelling error

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowings View Post
soviet cold war planes are largely ignored by the modeling community, except for the su 27, 37, mig 15, 17 and 21, don't know why but that's what I have seen, but....trumpeter (Chinese) p^%*%Ic manufacturer has been releasing some kits, but they cost a lot
Buff-Wings, the word you were looking for is "plastic". Unless of course, this is a representation of a curse word(?)

Speaking of cost, last night's entertainment at my console was visiting a Hyperscale (forum) topic about how all the LHS (local hobby shops) are closing due to competition from the internet market. Funny, no one was apparently aware of the 'business model' of concerns such as eCardmodels. Wingnut Wings Models, which sells customer direct via internet order is basically the same as what many of our designers are doing. Most folks are amazed at the high quality for the price that WnW is able to market by cuttint out the 'middle man'. Still, nothing can touch the value of a paper model download, IMHO.

Point being, plastic is so expensive primarily due to shrinking markets being served by the 'traditional' manufacturer-distributer-local retailer business model (which is geared to high volume.) When manufacturers go straight to the customer, there is a consumer savings and a better profit margin (even with reduced unit volume) for the producer.

Trumpeter was specifically cited (appropriately) as one of the worst cases proving how the 'old way' just doesn't cut it any longer.

Back on topic, a 1:48 scale Tu22 would be awesome!
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale
Google Adsense
Old 06-07-2011, 10:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Playing catch-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by APA-168 View Post
I agree...at the moment I'm shooting for 1/50 scale, but it will be vector so upscaling to 1/33 will be easy. I'll be sure to include some goodies in the cockpit for those who want to upscale.
If you go with 1:50, might you also 'build in' the ability for A4 paper to scale up to 1:48 (about 104%)? I suppose it only needs a little more generous margin. I can print A4 pages to US Legal paper without any issues, but if scaled up 4% also, things can start to cross over the edges. Thanks!

And, now that I've reached the end, I must join the 'fan-club' for all our intrepid designers who might (or might not) be working on a Blinder.
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale
Old 06-07-2011, 02:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
My bad.... Forgot this was already being dealt with - BUT, if Gary wants a crack at it too....
You bad is right soon maybe after............
Old 06-07-2011, 11:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
I think this thread's revitalization since I started it last year indicates a strong interest in this aircraft from our community. Designers- take note!

Wyvern
Designers- DO NOT take note! Tu-22 is mine! )))))

Heh, it seems now I'm a leader of my own fan-club. ...Or a icon, or a ...well who am I?

Anyway - folks, thanx for your kind words! It's really inspiring me to move forward.

Stay tuned for new pics.

BTW - who is GARY PILSWORTH ??
Old 06-11-2011, 10:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hey folks!
Today I've made a trip to Monino Museum to take additional photos of Tu-22.
I've got approvals from gate-watcher and administrator to go behind the chain to take a closeup photos , but...
Here the photo of my friend. After few seconds after this shot was taken - the director popped-up on horison and start screaming on us.
We was a veeeeery polite, explained the situation with the model, with approvals and so on, but nope, no luck at all. To be honest - I'm understand his possition - if one man go behind the chain - everybody trying to go there. But this isn't the reason to behave this way.
Anyway - at the moment I have almost anything I need, so progress is still on the way.
P.S. Perhaps I'll go there some day in working day in early morning and try to get lucky.
P.P.S Perhaps USSR still keeping this plane in secret.
Stay tuned.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Smile Back in the USSR

There is no secret with this plane. Sounds like the administrator is still running the place like the USSR.

Yefim Gordon has a great book on all the Tupolev bombers including details on the TU-22. You may want to see his work for documentation.

Just as a related note, I am also a plastic builder and in the past few years completed over 80 models of Soviet jets ( with 2 prop planes ) in 1/72 scale. Here are a couple of pictures including the Blinder in the group shot.
TU-22 Blinder-dsc03263.jpgTU-22 Blinder-dsc03269.jpg

For me a 1/33 scale in paper will be ideal.

Isaac
Google Adsense