PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Requests

Old 06-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necroscope View Post
Hey folks!

P.P.S Perhaps USSR still keeping this plane in secret.
Stay tuned.
You live within driving distance of Monino Museum!! Wow, that's one of the places I know I could never visit but would love too.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
There is no secret with this plane. Sounds like the administrator is still running the place like the USSR.

Yefim Gordon has a great book on all the Tupolev bombers including details on the TU-22. You may want to see his work for documentation.

Just as a related note, I am also a plastic builder and in the past few years completed over 80 models of Soviet jets ( with 2 prop planes ) in 1/72 scale. Here are a couple of pictures including the Blinder in the group shot.
Attachment 91519Attachment 91520

For me a 1/33 scale in paper will be ideal.

Isaac
Hey.... Isaac, thats one awesome collection you have yourself - I bet you daren't tote up the value you have there or have you already got a figure on what all these beauties have cost over the years. Great jobs one and all
Old 06-12-2011, 04:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Smile Built over 2 years

Peter

I got into the Soviet Air Force kick and started building like mad. I built at times as many as five 1/72 scale planes in 1 month. I was also converting kits to make special varients. It was a mad mission. I still have about 30 more kits to add to that collections, but I am taking a break from plastic.

Most of the kits were purchased over many years and I also traded ones I knew I will not build. Any way you slice it there is alot of money tied up here. However, it was good therapy.

I tend to build in series and like aircraft that somehow are connected. Like all the SAAB jets, or Luft 46 planes, combat helicopters or Israeli AF aircraft.

I think my next series will be Japanese planes since I am relocating to Tokyo for a few years.

Isaac
Old 06-12-2011, 05:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Quote:
Hey folks!
Today I've made a trip to Monino Museum to take additional photos of Tu-22.
I've got approvals from gate-watcher and administrator to go behind the chain to take a closeup photos , but...
Here the photo of my friend. After few seconds after this shot was taken - the director popped-up on horison and start screaming on us.
We was a veeeeery polite, explained the situation with the model, with approvals and so on, but nope, no luck at all. To be honest - I'm understand his possition - if one man go behind the chain - everybody trying to go there. But this isn't the reason to behave this way.
Anyway - at the moment I have almost anything I need, so progress is still on the way.
P.S. Perhaps I'll go there some day in working day in early morning and try to get lucky.
P.P.S Perhaps USSR still keeping this plane in secret.
Stay tuned.
Thanks for risking administrative wrath on behalf of a cool model!

Wyvern
Old 06-13-2011, 04:21 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
Peter

I got into the Soviet Air Force kick and started building like mad. I built at times as many as five 1/72 scale planes in 1 month. I was also converting kits to make special varients. It was a mad mission. I still have about 30 more kits to add to that collections, but I am taking a break from plastic.

Most of the kits were purchased over many years and I also traded ones I knew I will not build. Any way you slice it there is alot of money tied up here. However, it was good therapy.

I tend to build in series and like aircraft that somehow are connected. Like all the SAAB jets, or Luft 46 planes, combat helicopters or Israeli AF aircraft.

I think my next series will be Japanese planes since I am relocating to Tokyo for a few years.

Isaac
Hobbies such as this become very addictive, and with the plastic kits, very expensive - especially these days. Paper modelling is a far cheaper way of getting a FIX by a large proportion, and more involved, although when i build plastic... it's all or nothing because of the cash outlay ! it makes you want to go that one step further for perfection. Don't get me wrong, i build paper models with the same level {if not more} of passion, but if something goes wrong it's far more forgiving {you can print that again} and it doesn't break the bank so to speak.
Google Adsense
Old 06-17-2011, 03:08 AM

Hello,
small update.
Fuel boom and fairings on wing and stab. All parts are unfoldable.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Nice! (this is probably to short a message so I'm adding this comment...)
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale
Old 06-28-2011, 05:55 AM

Hello folks!

I need your opinion on Flaps.
As far as I remeber Tu-22 double-slotted flaps (or even triple, can't find any photo right now.).
Hello folks!

I need your opinion on Flaps for TU-22.

As far as I remember - Tu-22 equipped with double-slotted flaps (or even triple, can't find any photo right now.), with large main flaps panel, plus 2 or 3 additional movable panels between wing and flaps under the wing. Only condition when somebody is able to see it – takeoff and landing(standing affront of plane on runway). Plus I hardly doubt that somebody will notify this small panels on model with overall length over 1.2 meters.

Keeping all mentioned in mind - I can model the flaps 3 ways:
a. Retractable. As real as possible. (time consuming, hard to build mode)
b. Retractable. Lightly simplified. Additional panels of flaps are exists, but moving separately. (still time consuming, little less hard to build model)
c. Retractable. Simplified. Additional panels are painted. (I think this is it.)
d. Fixed (No way )
Attached Thumbnails
TU-22 Blinder-flaps.jpg  
Old 06-28-2011, 06:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
excellent collection. you've even got a An-72 Coaler, one of my favourites.
What is the very large fighter sandwiched between the Mig31 and 25?

In progress: Canon Alice in Wonderland Tunnel House, Canon A340, Learning Blender
Old 06-28-2011, 07:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Quote:
Hello folks!

I need your opinion on Flaps.
As far as I remeber Tu-22 double-slotted flaps (or even triple, can't find any photo right now.).
Hello folks!

I need your opinion on Flaps for TU-22.

As far as I remember - Tu-22 equipped with double-slotted flaps (or even triple, can't find any photo right now.), with large main flaps panel, plus 2 or 3 additional movable panels between wing and flaps under the wing. Only condition when somebody is able to see it – takeoff and landing(standing affront of plane on runway). Plus I hardly doubt that somebody will notify this small panels on model with overall length over 1.2 meters.

Keeping all mentioned in mind - I can model the flaps 3 ways:
a. Retractable. As real as possible. (time consuming, hard to build mode)
b. Retractable. Lightly simplified. Additional panels of flaps are exists, but moving separately. (still time consuming, little less hard to build model)
c. Retractable. Simplified. Additional panels are painted. (I think this is it.)
d. Fixed (No way )
Option C would be my vote. I'll be building the model in flight-mode anyway.

Wyvern
Google Adsense