PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Requests

Old 09-28-2010, 03:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 140.78 MB
Hey Codex, I've been a fan of these for a while. I was saddened when I lost the originals back when I lost my models to a computer virus, but I found them on the WayBack Machine. I also decided to see if I could approximate a Space:1999 Eagle with the parts, and I think I got pretty close:

I wanted to do some thrusters for the side pods and landing gear, but after doing all those little struts I was feeling a bit burnt out, so I just KISS'ed it. :p

I really look forward to new work from you. I'm going to be doing these at "craft time" at a local camp to teach the art of papercraft, and any new additions to the already extensive lineup would be most welcome.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
That looks GREAT! It actually looks like something that might be built, as opposed to something that looks good on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenniumfalsehood View Post
Hey Codex, I've been a fan of these for a while. I was saddened when I lost the originals back when I lost my models to a computer virus, but I found them on the WayBack Machine. I also decided to see if I could approximate a Space:1999 Eagle with the parts, and I think I got pretty close:

I wanted to do some thrusters for the side pods and landing gear, but after doing all those little struts I was feeling a bit burnt out, so I just KISS'ed it. :p

I really look forward to new work from you. I'm going to be doing these at "craft time" at a local camp to teach the art of papercraft, and any new additions to the already extensive lineup would be most welcome.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Nice eagle model, the original one I designed for Marc had some of the modular parts in it, I then went a bit crazy of course:
Aigle de Cosmos 1999 - Star Trek en papier
Paper Eagle Transporter Model - Page 12 - Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum
You knew that was me right?

Anyway, update on the updated modular stuff, been a bit poorly and been working on a 15" monitor so progress has been very slow, especially on the test builds. Alot of times the parts don't build the way i'd like so they get scrapped, the current 'shields' got scrapped 5 times before I was happy with them. Together with my private 'one off' models it became a bit of a chore so had to put them down for a while for my own sanity.

Hopefully I'll get back to doing them properly soon, instead of just tinkering, also see if anyone wants to help in the test building, might be best to design complete ships for test building as the parts can't really be test build on their own.
Lots of work and a long way to go yet.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:55 AM

Wow... Pretty much all I can say... Especially as my jaw keeps hitting the floor! Wow!

Randy
Old 10-08-2010, 04:27 PM

Another quick render - took me all day, which is quick for me

Pretty much what they will look like when built.
Google Adsense
Old 10-08-2010, 04:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenniumfalsehood View Post

A much more practical approach too...I could never figure out what they were trying to achieve by splitting the TV Eagle Transporter cockpit in two...
Old 10-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Absolute Final Dimensional Contortionist Judicator

Total Downloaded: 398.11 MB
needs to be posted here:
Attached Thumbnails
Modular Space Toys-74604_god_kills_catgirl.jpg  
Old 10-22-2010, 02:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 79.21 MB
I have all of the older modular stuff including the space craft, the moonbase, set number 2. Any one wanting them email me at [email protected] and I will get a cd off to you with them.

Thom
Old 10-23-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by setialpha5 View Post
I have all of the older modular stuff including the space craft, the moonbase, set number 2. Any one wanting them email me at [email protected] and I will get a cd off to you with them.

Thom
WOW.....
(does it come with a copy of 3cpo?)
Old 10-24-2010, 07:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 58.50 MB
Perhaps too subtle keef, few of our local experts (self claiming) on sarcasm will spot it.
Google Adsense

Tags
modular, module, ships, space, star