PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Requests

Old 06-15-2010, 01:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmags View Post
SFX, maybe you can scan the parts in and use photoshop to remove the wrinkles? Or since you purchased it, maybe someone is willing to scan their kit and send you a copy? It won't be quite the same as building the original kit, and if you got the laser cut forms, you may need to re-cut some on your own (or maybe they'll flatten out enough to be used), and you can salvage a nice build still. Just some thoughts for recovery.
cmags, last night as I was falling asleep I thought the same thing you just mentioned. I do lots of work in Photoshop so I should be able to do a hi-res scan and take most if not all of the bends and creases out of the copy. So that is the direction I taking this.

As for the laser cut pieces, the bend was in such a way that it ran along the length of most of the pieces and didn't do much damage to the parts. I lucked out in that respect.

I did stop by the Post Office and was told that without insurance it would take me anywhere from 8 to 12 months to get a refund and that they would have to take the package and its contents............ no thanks Uncle Sam...

Again, appreciate your suggestion,

SFX
Old 06-15-2010, 08:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Not to hijack the thread, but Rhinebeck is a bit of a ride from Colorado. Did you live in NY previously?
Old 06-16-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmks2000 View Post
Not to hijack the thread, but Rhinebeck is a bit of a ride from Colorado. Did you live in NY previously?
I've flown and driven there more than once. My wife is from Queens NYC and both of my brother in-laws still live in the area so we go there often. Both are history fans and one is a major league model builder of WWI a/c so it's nothing to convince him to drive to Rhienbeck which only a 45 minute drive from his house in Poughkeepsie, at least the way he drives;-)

SFX
Old 06-17-2010, 07:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif Ohlsson View Post
Eventually you might want to have a look at the Orlik SE5A in 1/25 scale as well, which to my mind probably is the most complicated and true-to-scale paper model there is of a WWI-era aircraft.
Well Leif, your statement above really intrigued me, and I was already sending an order to Kyrs at PMS anyway, so I included the SE-5a in my order. Package came today.

It's all becoming clear now:

Four pages worth of the complete interior structure. Orlik would even have the builder add the internal bracing wire of the fuselage:

Even though WWI aircraft aren't my primary interest, this a pretty impressive kit nonetheless. Great recommendation!

Mike

P.S. This was in today's package as well:

Another neat kit, which has an interesting way of replicating the corrugated skin in graphic form. Might do a review on this one if one hasn't been done already.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomarc View Post
Well Leif, your statement above really intrigued me, and I was already sending an order to Kyrs at PMS anyway, so I included the SE-5a in my order. Package came today.
It's all becoming clear now:
Four pages worth of the complete interior structure. Orlik would even have the builder add the internal bracing wire of the fuselage:
Even though WWI aircraft aren't my primary interest, this a pretty impressive kit nonetheless. Great recommendation!

Mike
I recently received the SE-5a kit with the laser cut parts kit - pretty intimidating. I hope to see you build it Mike.

Sorry for the hijack. I'm looking forward to watching the triplane come together. It looks pretty challenging as well.

Seeing these two great kits built at the same time would be a real treat.
Google Adsense
Old 06-18-2010, 11:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Please to continue, Mike.

Looks like you have started a Triplane boom, Francis Marion.

Don
Old 06-18-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Looks like you have started a Triplane boom, Francis Marion.
Don
Don, I've noticed a pick up in interest, and it would be nice to get more triplane representation in the hobby. I've always thought they were beautiful a/c and I wouldn't mind a couple more different variants/models to add to my collection.

We'll just have to wait and see,

Swampfox, (F. Marion)