PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 08-16-2009, 05:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 35.0 KB
Military Super Corsair

Oaky everybody,

I have decided to dust off a military repaint of my Super Corsair. Some modifications need to be made to the kit before it's ready to roll but I was wondering if someone would be interested in doing a test build for me?

The repaint will be BuNo88454 as seen below. I'm going to release a kit with 3 paintjobs. The first will be the above mentioned plane in it's 1945 configuration (bomb rack and rocket launchers and slightly different paint job). The second will also be the 454 but as it is now.

The third will a 1946 version with Bunker Hill markings (yellow cowl with white arrows on wings and tail). In addition to having to design the bomb racks and rocket launchers for 454 I have to rework the tail cone of this version because it has a tailhook.

As you can see I have already proved to myself that the Bunker Hill repaint works(I never finished building it though).

So the request is this: Would someone commit to build 454 with the tailhook (which is inaccurate for this plane) so I can be assured that the paint job and the modifications work?

The paint job isn't quite ready but I can finish quick enough that can you could start working on it while I'm getting the tailcone redesigned and hopefully I have it ready before you are.

As usual I would ask that whoever takes this on makes a firm committment to get it done and they would get the kit free when complete in addition to one of my other kits of their choice.

Any takers?
Attached Thumbnails
Military Super Corsair-3584442240_9b70e94c7c.jpg  

My models available for sale @ Gremir and Ecardmodels
Google Adsense
Old 08-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Sweetness
Chris
Old 08-16-2009, 07:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 8.45 MB
That's beautiful Will!
If my skills were up to par I would jump at the chance!
I think this demands someone more on GB's level of skills or someone close to that!
I own a couple of your kits but I think it will be a couple years before I am ready.
I want to do it justice.

Russell
Old 08-16-2009, 07:17 PM

Ron AKA OldTroll has volunteered for the job. Hopefully I can get stuff out quick enough. I can't beleive I waited this long to do it I knew the interest was there.

Hopefully it meets everyones expetations.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:57 PM

All right!
I can't wait to see the thread on this one!

As far as expectations go, you have always exceeded them Will!

Russell
Google Adsense
Old 08-16-2009, 09:15 PM

Thank you Russell your enthusiasm and compliments are appreciated as well as everyone elses (Chris, Don, Ron, etc)

Old 08-16-2009, 09:40 PM

You can put me down for a copy right now!
I should be able to save up enough aluminum cans between now and then to get this baby!

Russell
Old 08-17-2009, 09:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I eagerly await the Troll build, have been tracking Cecil's build of 57, and will definitely be there to buy this one (in each color scheme). May actually try building it, as well. After all, it does look like a Corsair!

Don
Old 04-03-2010, 02:01 PM

Decided that I needed to build the model myself. This has been kind of a quick and dirty build so far but I think it will work for the sale page. I skipped a lot of parts in the cockpit since that has already been built about 10 times now.I'm really happy with the redesigned inboard wing section.

One difference you might note is that the color was changed in the gear bays from yellow to the same as the rest of the plane. I realized that in every pic I have of the plane that the gear is blue and that usually means the rest of the gear bay and doors are as well.

I'm very pleased with the way the skin itself turned out. As those of you know who read my posts I really don't like seams and do my best to eliminate them. I was somewhat concerned that the redesign would create problems but it actually solved a few and is easier to build than the previous design. Ron (OldTroll) said that as well but sometimes people can have different opinions on stuff like this.

So here are a few comparo shots with the original version and the upgraded version.

First set show the top. Forward of the main spar 1 seam was co-located with a panel line and aft of the spar 1 seam was totally eliminated and 1 was co-located with a panel line, making it look a lot cleaner.

Second set shows the bottom. Everything was made a whole lot more accurate even though I was unable to truly eliminate any seams on the bottom it does look a lot cleaner.
Attached Thumbnails
Military Super Corsair-001.jpg   Military Super Corsair-003.jpg   Military Super Corsair-002.jpg   Military Super Corsair-004.jpg   Military Super Corsair-005.jpg  

Old 04-03-2010, 09:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
For long time since I started building paper model air plane how to make seam lines on airframe less stand out has been my main concern more than building realistic cockpit inside because standing out seam lines ruin the entire impression so I'm very glad to know that a designer deal with it that will make us builders' life easier.
Google Adsense