PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 03-07-2019, 09:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 317.47 MB
Yes, that's a really decent Bf-109! If I remember NOBI, you already had one BF in your 1/100 catalogue. In North African or Mediterranean camouflage I think...

About the size of the wings. I've seen a lot of "109" models and two real examples and I'd say the size looks OK on NOBI's model.

But I really want to point out one thing(just don't treat it as a criticsm).

Me-109 is an incorrect name. I know that a lot of people use it(and they even used it back in WWII) ,maybe because it's easier to remember, but it's unprofessional in my opinion. Most of WWII Messerschmitts are BFs. ME was mostly used for jets like -262 or -163. Also, 323 "Gigant" was a ME. These three are probably the most popular examples of ME. Anyway the best explanation is on wikipedia:

Originally the aircraft was designated as Bf 109 by the RLM, since the design was submitted by the Bayerische Flugzeugwerke (literally "Bavarian Aircraft Works", meaning "Bavarian Aircraft Factory"; sometimes abbreviated B.F.W., akin to BMW) during 1935. The company was renamed Messerschmitt AG after 11 July 1938 when Erhard Milch finally allowed Willy Messerschmitt to acquire the company. All Messerschmitt aircraft that originated after that date, such as the Me 210, were to carry the "Me" designation. Despite regulations by the RLM, wartime documents from Messerschmitt AG, RLM and Luftwaffe loss and strength reports continued to use both designations, sometimes even on the same page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messer..._and_nicknames
Old 03-07-2019, 12:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Kacper -

You are correct, but the term "Me-109" was so widely used during WWII, that I think it is an acceptable alternate term for the airplane.

In 1959, I worked for a summer at a fishing lodge in Canada. The chef had been a Luftwaffe fighter pilot in World War II and had a scrapbook of photographs and other mementoes. He referred to the airplane he flew as the "Me-109" with the "Me" pronounced "Mee." He also called the Ju-52 the "You Fifty-two," and I picked up that term and have called it the You Fifty Two ever since.

Don
Old 03-08-2019, 01:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.48 MB
Continue on wing undercarriage. Everything go very well. Wheel and propeller left0.

about size of wing, I will compare with 3 views drawing what I use for reference to check a size of wing. Sometime a photograph can trick your eye.

and first color scheme will be 109e3 what Adolf Galland fly in 1940 as picture below

I used to design a tropical 109e in 1/100 scale many year ago. that design is not use a wing fillet but I like the way I color that design :-)

about name of this 109 there are 2 different prefix "Me" and "Bf". I found Wikipedia use Bf instead Me but in this page (So which is it?* Bf or Me 109?) said that both are correct, admin of that page have an evidence to proof too. I think German modeler or German pilot can tell a correct name of this plane.

But now it is hard for me to decide to use "Me" or "Bf" in my cover page. Somebody can help? :-)

More information feel free to visit https://thaipaperwork.wixsite.com/onlinestore

#messerschmitt #me109e #cardmodels #papermodels #thaipaperwork
Attached Thumbnails
Thaipaperwork WIP-me-109e3-under-carriage.jpg  
Old 03-08-2019, 10:05 AM

This looks like it will be a terrific model of a famous and popular German fighter. I would buy it in any event, but that it is 1/48 means that it is in my preferred scale without having to rescale.

I do not know very much about German airplanes, but the Bf/Me-109E3 looks externally similar to the E7 and if so, could be recolored to replicate one of the 109E-7s sent to Japan for evaluation. This would put it right into my area of interest.

Images source: 1 and 2: J-Aircraft Forum
Me
3: Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messer...-109-front.jpg

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Thaipaperwork WIP-bf-109e-7_ijaaf.jpg   Thaipaperwork WIP-bf-109e-7_ijaaf_chris_banyai-riepl.jpg   Thaipaperwork WIP-bf-109e-7-imperial-japanese-army-air-force-november-1941_wiki.jpg  
Old 03-08-2019, 10:34 AM

I arrived home and compare my design with reference drawing I use as below.

Don, I think E3 diffrent with E4 or E7 at canopy what E3 use an old style canopy like picture below.

I design a new canopy for E4 already. Will release after E3. And 1/48 is a good scale, you can reduce to 1/72 or 1/100 or 1/144 easily. You can also print to 1/32 if you have a paper what big enough.
Attached Thumbnails
Thaipaperwork WIP-compare.jpg   Thaipaperwork WIP-e-3_e-10.jpg  
Old 03-08-2019, 11:06 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
This looks like it will be a terrific model of a famous and popular German fighter. I would buy it in any event, but that it is 1/48 means that it is in my preferred scale without having to rescale.

I do not know very much about German airplanes, but the Bf/Me-109E3 looks externally similar to the E7 and if so, could be recolored to replicate one of the 109E-7s sent to Japan for evaluation. This would put it right into my area of interest.

Images source: 1 and 2: J-Aircraft Forum
Me
3: Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messer...-109-front.jpg

Don
I built that one way back 2010, a repainted Marek kit.

1/144 Japanese evaluation Me-109.

However, it would be good to see it in Nobi's vision.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 03-08-2019, 02:46 PM

Ray -

I am embarrassed to say that I had forgotten that unforgettable build. I have now added a link to your build thread in my Japanese Messerschmitt 109 file.

I looks like, with Nobi's alternate canopy, a 1/48 Japanese version of his model is possible.

Don
Old 07-19-2023, 10:57 PM

Welcome back to my WIP thread! It's been a while since I last updated this thread, and this time, I want everyone to join in the fun. I'll be posting WIP pictures of my ongoing design, and if anyone can guess what model I'm working on, they'll win the model I'm designing for free! Sounds exciting, right? Check out the first image for the return of this thread below. The first person to guess correctly gets the model!

Thaipaperwork WIP-ref-line-2.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Thaipaperwork WIP-ref-line-2.jpg  
Old 07-19-2023, 11:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.06 GB
The slender fuselage made me think of a tigercat at first glance, i am drawing a blank on anything else at the moment so i'll just go with that

Loving all of your new output nobi, keep it up!

-C-2A Greyhound
-Br.1050 Alize
Old 07-20-2023, 03:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 134.16 MB
I reckon it's a B-26 - the cockpit glass and the tail shape are a giveaway.