PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 01-09-2011, 01:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Ok, I'll keep that in mind in the future thanks for the answer
Old 01-09-2011, 01:21 PM

I have received many questions concerning whether I can share this model. For now it is for my personal use only. Probably in time I will share it but not for now
Old 01-09-2011, 02:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
As much as I would like to have both the Yamashiro and Kirishima redone by you, I don't think sharing of those kits would be allowed, unless of course you can get permission from Halinski and GPM publishing houses...
Old 01-09-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreMir View Post
As much as I would like to have both the Yamashiro and Kirishima redone by you, I don't think sharing of those kits would be allowed, unless of course you can get permission from Halinski and GPM publishing houses...

I don't think the permission is needed. This is a very old kit not available from Halinski anymore. If everyone who tried to sell it on e-bay would need a permission there would be no selling at all. As far as I know I can do whatever I want with my kit as far as I don't want any profit from it.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
Well well well I think we're getting into murky waters here and gremir and kubek are standing on opposite sides of it. :o Before anything else, I suggest a moderator provide a forum opinion to this...

Nice remake I would say. Knowing that the accuracy of those '92 kits are very fine, I'd love to see this built.
Google Adsense
Old 01-10-2011, 10:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.23 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kubeksus View Post
I don't think the permission is needed. This is a very old kit not available from Halinski anymore.
It is not that simple. You have to check the copyright laws from Poland or from your country. From 1992 until now could not that much. E.g. in my country the intelectual property, in some cases, is protected by law 50 years after the death of the author.
The simplest way is to ask the permission from Halinsky ( altrough I doubt that you will receive a positive asnwer, maybe he want to reedit the model and your free repaint will be bad for business).
Old 01-10-2011, 11:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
kubeksus,
I trully admire what you did to the Yamashiro and would proudly built your recolor/redesign, but....
Few years ago there was a guy on konradus website that recolored Maly Modelarz Typhoon from 1993. He offered this recolor for free to everybody. Several days later he took it down and was forced to publish public apology to LOK (the publisher of Maly) and Jacek Slowik (designer).
There is no difference between what he did and wht you are planning to do and the result will be the same.
Now about selling on Ebay - if the original model is being offered for sale, everything is perfectly legal as long as the person selling didn't copy the model and kept the copy. If the copy/scan is offered that's a piracy and Halinski has all the right to take legal action against the seller.
You put a lot of effort into this model and now are working on the Kirishima - it would be a shame if all this work got you into trouble.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreMir View Post
kubeksus,
Few years ago there was a guy on konradus website that recolored Maly Modelarz Typhoon from 1993. He offered this recolor for free to everybody. Several days later he took it down and was forced to publish public apology to LOK (the publisher of Maly) and Jacek Slowik (designer).
There is no difference between what he did and what you are planning to do and the result will be the same.
I agree, that's why I told in one of my previous posts that I'm not going to share this model. Not yet. In fact, I'm writing a letter to Halinski to ask him for a permission to distribute it for free. So, for now we have to wait

Thanks for all replies
Old 01-11-2011, 01:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
I love what you done to the wood deck! I like the new red hull color too. What red is that?

I hope you get permission so I can have your repaint models. But, I'm sure snow in hell before Halinski let you. Even Halinski let you. Publisher own the rights. So.... I will have to wait till snow in hell and firestorm in heaven to get get your repaint........ think I will just go buy my own.

But, I still can't wait to see your build! I'm sure it going to be beautiful with all new colors.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.47 MB
Hi kubeksus,
it's a good work restoring the old, almost forgotten kits
it's very interesting if Halinski will respond positively, but I doubt...

and it's very interesting situation here.
when I started my thread with building Su-15 from Hobby Model, it was closed 'cause then I didn't have the original kit. After time I was lucky to find one at GPM store: GPM - modele kartonowe I bought it and then took pictures and sent them to the rickstef and dansls1 to open my thread. No reply till now.
Sorry for the off-topic, but I hope to get an answer at least here from people I meant above. Maybe I don't have any kind of "privileges" or from then there are some rules that have been changed?

Google Adsense