PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 03-30-2011, 01:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Piracy Bomber

Hello friends.
First sorry for my English, but I hope you'll understand me.
Many of you know me and my designs. As they know I'm not designing since 2007. Any way my models were available via my site: Kancho's Paper Wings - downloadable Cardmodels!
Now I've stopped sell them and this is reason I'm post this message.
Some hours ago I have received a message from one of you friends. He informed me ( Thanks to Him ) about one pirate who sold my model of Storm Trooper Helmet as his design. I'd really loved if this lazy, stupid sucker lives close to me, then I'll do what I really like, but sadly he is far away.
This is pirate site of this sucker:
Buy Star Wars soldiers Storm trooper helmet model could wear on the head, Star Wars soldiers Storm trooper helmet model coul, Star Wars soldiers Storm trooper helmet model coul, [Alice papermodel]Star Wars soldiers Storm trooper helmet model could we

So in answer of this piracy I'll release this model for free. I'm a bit busy now, but in few days I'll modify my site and supply you with link. I'll put message in this thread when I do it. In this relation I have stopped selling the rest of my models. I'll check the time of latest purchases of every model and observing delay of 1 year from latest purchase I'll release one by one all of them for free. I'll leave this delay of 1 year between latest purchase and releasing of every model because I find it fair for you, who purchased my models.

The name of this sucker-pirate is ALICE ZHOU. His site is:
Wholesale - Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com
and seems these also :
Wholesale - Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com
Manufacturers, Suppliers, Exporters & Importers from the world's largest online B2B marketplace-Alibaba.com

Best regards to all of you
and have a fun!

Kancho
Google Adsense
Old 03-30-2011, 02:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Really sorry for you. Thing like this is why limited my release to only hand full of modelers. And if I am going to sell my models I will sell printed over download. Once designers made their models available for download, no possible way the designers can protect their models. People can still pirate the printed but at least it is not the original and good as the download version. Specially if the designers printed the models in large format in A3 or super B, and make the A-hole pirating the model to scan the page in section so at least they can't priate a clean model.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:46 PM

Hi. Thanks, but nothing to sorry. It is clear what you're saing and I'm agree.
I think now I found the right way to stop the piracy of my models - I'll simply release my models for free ))
Old 03-30-2011, 04:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.84 MB
thats a shame. i have bought several of your kits and i really like them. thank you!
Old 03-30-2011, 04:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.53 MB
OR you could sell your models at Ecardmodels (cgutzmers site) and get help from their anti-piracygroup.
Google Adsense
Old 03-30-2011, 04:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 107.05 MB
Send a message via MSN to bf109
sad to here this is happening to you , but releasing them for free wont stop him selling your models , there are enough free models on ebay etc that are being sold !
because they dont take any space for storages and there are enough `dumb` people buying them .(= pure profit dont know wich rule of Acquisition that is )

if your going to release them do it good and make sure as many people know about it as possible .

easy way is to contact the guy behind Paperkraft.net - Free Papercraft, Paper Model, & Papertoy
there are a lot of other paper sites watching him and the news will go as wildfire
(be sure you tell him your reasons why and ask him to put it on his site when directing to your site where you also explane it to the visitors )

regards bf109

Last edited by Texman; 03-31-2011 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Profanity
Old 03-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion View Post
OR you could sell your models at Ecardmodels (cgutzmers site) and get help from their anti-piracygroup.

I was thinking the same thing, Chris is on top of Pirates, though ultimately, I don't think it can be stopped. The people who [pirate the models were never going to buy them anyway and the people who want the ":real" thing will buy them. You haven't lost any but maybe a few percentage of customers. That does nothing to soothe the anger. Piracy is one reason I have not released any models I have designed, though I probably will release the one I am working on now.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 528.35 MB
kancho,

Its that anger in your stomach that is the main reason I've always given them away for free. I might not be getting rich off my models, but the letters I get are priceless and I sleep very well as a result.

Wishing you the best,

Jon Leslie
Old 03-30-2011, 07:12 PM

First of all. Welcome Kancho. I am a big fan of your work.

Sorry your having a problem with people stealing your work. The good thing is that now that you are here, we can contact you should we find any of your work being pirated.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
Kancho,

We are very aware of the effort it takes to design a model and I believe that most modelers would be willing to pay for your models. Just set up an PayPal account and ask for a donation.

Jim Nunn