PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 09-12-2011, 09:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Thanks for the offer. If I sell it, I will only sell the model in printed not download. That also mean I will have to do a "good" instructions and I really really really hate to do instructions. I really don't like to do instructions at all.

If you look at my first post. I got the drawing from one of the Submarine 707R fans site, took me a long long long time to collected all the data before I start to build. The drawing is from the creator of 707R and that's what I am working off from. FYI, there 7, maybe 8(?) design drawings of the 707R. The comic version not counting the first original 707 there was 2 design, one comic, one anime. The 1st all new 707R after the original 707 was sunk. Then the 707R got refitted with dual counter rotating propellers, extended/new hull and so on. Then the 707F( I want to build that too), and somewhat space age looking 707II(?) J(?), and then different refitting of the 707R with sonar(?) on the rudder, rotor ducted propulsion. Soooo many versions. The Jr too have 4 versions, 1st two original comic without cockpit window, and the Jr that you are building is the 3rd. the 4th have a bigger cockpit window and new hull design. So one can't goes wrong whichever one one pick to build. Your UX-1 looking great. If I can find more data on that I'll buld that too.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
UX

I have UX blue prints I made. I will print a set and you can print a set of yours and we can swap. How's that sounds? Mine are made to be used to build an RC sub, but I can scale them to whatever size you want. It took me one year to build them I used the resin kits from the movie release 1/700 scale for both the 707II and the UX and the instructions that came with them to build the blue prints. I also have the 707I from the movie that was sunk, I am working on blue prints for those too, but they are no where near done. I also have blue prints for the 707II movie version. The one with the single rear propeller.

PS I don't need instructions any more than you do for mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Submarine 707R-ux-demo.jpg  
Old 09-12-2011, 04:41 PM

Blue print? I don't have blue print. All my drawings are from 707R fans sites that anybody can go screen grab. I would never put that much time into drawing blue print for any of my models, if I draw any blue print to begin with. Your UX print looks sweet tho. very nice job.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Banned

Goodduck, she's sure is coming out nice. Have you ever just considered putting the model in the Perspective View" and just pulling out the parts and labeling them to show where they go? You can rotate the Sub around and get ever view with the model slightly "exploded" (not Rhino Explode) but just all the parts, Separated. That I think would be good enough, something like the attached picture. (I did this really fast, but you know what I mean).
Attached Thumbnails
Submarine 707R-a90i.jpg  
Old 09-12-2011, 10:08 PM

Even that is too much work. You see, once I done building the final, every second I spend on doing the instructions is one second less I got to spend on designing the next project, or go kill Nazi, or go read comic, or go get Starbucks, or just stare at the sky mindlessly. I really do hate doing instructions. I have not finished the Savoia instructions yet, have I? No, instructions really blow.
Google Adsense
Old 09-12-2011, 11:32 PM
Banned

In reality Allen, your design threads offer a wealth of data. I think your models are pretty straight forward. I have your Savoia all printed out. As soon as I get fixed up, it is the first model I am going to do. You models and presence are a great thing. Anyone who gets one of yor models is getting a real treat. I'm not complaining. Send me a copy of the Sub, and I'll split it up for you. That's something I can do now.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:40 AM

I am going to assume you are not interested in a swap. If so no worries. I still like your work if you ever decide to sell some prints let us know. PS again I don't feel like I would need instructions. You see the photos you have of the process you used would be plenty. Plus there is always this wonderful thing called common sense. I like to use it occasionally. Some don't. nuff said.

PS I don't remember who asked me on this site about D.Merriman "harassing" us at the SC, but yeah, I don't know him, but I do know he says many mean things about lots of people there. So I leave it at that no more. Sorry GoodDuck forgive my response on your forum. I shant do it again. Just never responded to that question.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:00 PM

1st. Don't jump the gun here, people. I don't recall I saying this is available free to everyone to grab. I just saying I don't like doing instructions.

2nd. Is not I don't want to swap with you chad. Is I don't have anything to swap with you with. As I said, I do not draw blueprint for my models. All drawings I working off from are available at the 707R fans sites.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:28 PM
Banned

I don't think anyone is jumping the Gun, I'm not, just offering help, as you have helped me so much!
Old 09-14-2011, 07:35 AM

Allen,
My bad. I thought you made these on a computer. No??? If you hand drew them I would say that was even more impressive. Is that the case here? I was under the impression you made these in like Photoshop or something or rendered them from the 3D program as an exploded view for making paper models or something. Anyway, no worries bro. Like I said I already have all the 1/700 resin kits from 707 as collectables, I just loved what you did as a fan so much I was willing to pay to own a copy (of the print not the actual built model) and don't need instructions, but again no worries. I will continue to enjoy your work. Press on towards perfection. Nothing wrong with trying to achieve it. This is model of the 707 so I guess perfection is duplicating whatever original you may be copying so that it is the same exact thing. In which case given that you are making a paper model. No offense but it's a paper model. Can it be perfect? Ok nuff theory. Sorry for the rant. Nevermore.
Google Adsense