Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 11.23 MB
Hello!
Fantastic work!

Best regards.
Krzychu74
Old 06-25-2011, 06:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Beautiful work, Leif. I hope you had a Midsommarstång to dance around.

Don
Old 07-24-2011, 01:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Hope for a future - printer problem now fixed

About five pages back (in this post) I reported that I had a curious and potentially debilitating printer problem: A test page with a 150 x 250 mm rectangle printed several mllilimeters out of the correct measure, unfortunately not the same percentage horizontally & vertically.

This problem has now been fixed, I am happy to report. For those on a Mac, this might be helpful:

I run Mac OS 10.6 "Snow Leopard". When I upgraded to this computer, the old printer, an Epson D88, was no longer visible in the printer array of the system. To fix this, I downloaded a printer driver from Epson and installed it.

The printer was now visible, albeit with a loss of a few printer tools, such as indicator for remaining ink, etc. Feeling vaguely dissatisfied with this, I still settled down. No way could I believe that the printer from that point was actually printing the wrong size.

Discovering this, I did not make the connection the my upgrading the computer - the time lapse between the two events was too large.

Yesterday, reading about someone elses problem of a similar character - albeit on a Windows system, and concerning a newly bought scanner, not a printer - I was still prompted to try to fix my own problem. Here's how:

Searching on the internet (again) for a "Epson D88 driver", I was made aware on a small section on the Epson page aobut making Epson printers work on Snow Leopard. Reading further, and a couple of levels down that section, I came upon a few paragraphs relevant to my problem.

It seems you should go to your systems panel for printers & fax, and ascertain whether you have a printer driver which is called "Gutenberg..." something or other. If so, you should erase it.

Pretty radical measure, but I was desperate enought to do it. At this point, there was no connection to the printer at all. No printer to be found any longer.

Then you should pull out the data cable from the printer, and reinsert it. Did that, to no avail.

I then shut down the printer, and restarted it. Now, suddenly, there was an option to install another Epson D88 printer, no Gutenberg stuff at all.

Apparently Mac OS 10.6 has a number of printer drivers which are reachable if you don't try to install anything else...

In any case, a quick test print of a 150 x 250 mm rectangle proved that I now have a printer working perfectly. And I got my old printer tools (ink level etc) back again.

This is a great relief. I had not come to terms with the fact that I could not trust my printer. The making up of specail corrected print copies was increasingly cumbersome, unreliable, and generally unsatisfactory.

I will now go back to the Mustang files and see what I can do to get on with the job. I would also like to thank everyone commenting, not least B-Manic for the beatiful detailed drawing of the control column. I may not be able to do something about that immediately, but it was still most interesting to study.

Best for now, Leif
Old 07-24-2011, 02:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Beautiful work!!! Considered doing a full skeleton build? Plenty of reference material out there.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.93 MB
Hello Leif,

it's helpful to hear how you solve the problems with your printer connection. I use a G5 installed Tiger and a Macbookpro with Snow Leopard.

With lovely greetings and a good progress for the MUSTANG ..
the Wilfried
Old 07-24-2011, 05:44 AM

Watching this build is making me drool.... sorry bout that.

My galleries
Old 07-24-2011, 10:18 AM

amazing and skillful work, Leif. I love this stuff, great thread.

Will
Old 07-24-2011, 01:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
What a detailed project! Are you going to detail the Merlin as well?
Old 07-27-2011, 04:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
Incredible work Leif. I just read the whole thread again, and it got me all fired up again...
Google Adsense