PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 06-05-2011, 01:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
That's the one.

Interrupt anytime, np.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:31 PM

This one is a French sea bird. Look much like the American bird so I reuse a few parts form it. The original drawing is B/W so I just drop in some colors again for eye candy. Next ship I'm building is a French racer too. That one is a Macchi. Hope you enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-29.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-30.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-31.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-32.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-33.jpg  

Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-34.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-35.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-36.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-37.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-38.jpg  

Old 06-06-2011, 12:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Macchi used to be Italian, if memory serves correctly. At lest, the Schnieder macchi M72 was Italian.
I truly enjoy seeing the images you're posting here, Allen, they are very crisp.
However, following up the Google images suggested, I admit I'm having trouble "getting my head around" some of the aerodynamic/hydrodynamic horrors portrayed.
More than a few of them suggest either Collani or Dali on a very bad "acid-trip".

Respectful Regards, Uyraell.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Fascinating work, Allen! I hope you release kits of these!

Wyvern
Old 06-06-2011, 08:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
lol I just realized the little pilot in post #11.

=)
Google Adsense
Old 06-06-2011, 08:38 AM

U right Uyraell, it is Italian. Don't know why I put down French.

Just about everyone of the sea racers flight ability and hydrodynamic are more then questionable. But I wouldn't say the designer/artist is on acid trip. They are more scifi then concept and they do look cool. And there are couple designs that could work. At least stay above water, but take flight? But if they can make B-2 and F111 fly. I think couple of the Speedbirds design could fly too. Like the Macchi I'm building.

And Wyvern, I do intend to release them when I am done. But those are not my designs and I don't have the original designer's permission to release to third party, yet. But I will drop the artist a mail to ask if I may. Or maybe after I done building all the 3d models. I pick a couple or few and redesign them to more of my liking, make them look like possible not just to stay afloat but could take flight too, that would be fun.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Banned

Maybe, but now as far out as you may think. The Hydroptere is an example of this and it does it under sail!
Old 06-07-2011, 11:13 PM

I starting out following the design close as I can. But Some how I went my own way and it became Savoia.S21X, Porco's new ride. Think it will looks cool with a pair of guns in the nose and Porco's tail coat of arms on the fins too. Thought I was done, but I for got to add air intake, again.

There are a few more drawing in the book that I think are great for making into the next generation of Savoia.S2"?". Things getting to be even more fun for me now. :D
Attached Thumbnails
Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-39.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-40.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-41.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-42.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-43.jpg  

Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-44.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-45.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-46.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-47.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-48.jpg  

Old 06-08-2011, 05:16 AM
Banned

Oh yeah!! This would be the one to do Allen!! Maybe another engine mounted on a pedestal behind the pilot? The drawing you made is outstanding. I wish i could draw like that. I never thought of putting drawings into Rhino. Learn something new every day!!!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:17 AM

This is not my drawing, I scan that in from the Speedbirds book. That drawing profile is not so distorted in perspective that I can just use it almost as is. All I did was flop the image, a little "free transform" and extended the 'Y" to compensate the difference in length.

And thanks.
Google Adsense