PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 06-08-2011, 08:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Smile R-Type Final

I have an ambitious project that I would like to share with you, and to have your suggestions and thoughts:

There is a game for PS2 called R-Type Final. For those who dont know, R-Type is a series of side-scrolling shoot-em-up games featuring the battle of humanity against an alien-type power known as the Bydo Empire.

R-Type Final features 101 different ships that you can pilot to strike down the Bydo. Some of them are really awesome in design. My idea is to model some of the ships that have the greatest design.

This will be the official post of the project. I will be updating this as the work progresses. Since I'm a novice on this art, I hope I can count with the help of everyone!
Google Adsense
Old 06-08-2011, 11:44 AM

Ok, guys, getting this started:

On this link R-Type Final Ship Gallery - IGN FAQs you will find all the ships that exist on this great game.
I will probably start with modeling the #1, The R9-A Arrowhead, which is the classic R-Type fighter. From then on, I'm thinking on working on these other models:

#13 - R902 Ragnarok II
#33 - R9DV2 Northern Lights
#42 - R9F Andromalus
#70 - R13T Echidna
#73 - R13B Charon

The Bydo ships (from 75 to 98) are pretty awesome, but are probably more difficult to build due to the curved surfaces (all models that resemble living beings are more difficult, I guess).

#99 - R-99 Last Dancer
#100 - R-100 Curtain Call

I will probably also have to model some of the Force shields, the small round artifacts that connect to the front or back of the ships. I will attach them to this thread when I find good pictures to show you all.

What does everyone think? Should I start from somewhere else? Any other ships that you think might be worth building? Any comments on my ship selection so far? Any tips for building the damn Bydo ships?

Thanks all for the help! Of course this is work for a long time, but the models designed will be available to anyone who might want to build them.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
I do remember the joy of playing the game way back when. Thanks for bring that up. And I recall someone did some R-Type paper models somewhere too, I think from a japanese designer. If that is so, I would dig what is already available and building the one that are not. But you asked, so I like R9D, R9DH and OF3 being my first pick. I'm not crazy about any of the alien ships at all. I will be watching your build.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodduck View Post
I do remember the joy of playing the game way back when. Thanks for bring that up. And I recall someone did some R-Type paper models somewhere too, I think from a japanese designer. If that is so, I would dig what is already available and building the one that are not. But you asked, so I like R9D, R9DH and OF3 being my first pick. I'm not crazy about any of the alien ships at all. I will be watching your build.
Thanks for the comments, man. This game is really great, took me quite a while to get access to all the ships. I'll look into the models that you commented, and add the ships you like to the list. About the alien ships, I think the BX-T Dantalion is pretty awesome.

Tags
project, r-type, ship