PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 09-02-2011, 05:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
This from Ken Duffey's build may be like Jack Nicholson...As Good As It Gets...

Old 09-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavenport View Post
Looking at the photo, it would seem that a prerequisite to pilot training might have been acrobatic experience! I can't imagine trying to exit the airplane in an emergency!

Echo the comments on the cockpit. But, are details on the cockpit environs available?
You weren't supposed to exit, it was just relieve yourself, before you crashed!!

In all seriousness, Myasishchev really made cool looking planes!
Old 09-02-2011, 10:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Knowing the Russian penchant for recyclng technology, the Bounder cockpit might have used elements of a previous Myaschiev (sp) design. Finding even that might be a challenge.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:57 PM

Good thinking, CD...found some of the M-4 Bison at Walkarounds on www.airforce.ru but it is a side-by-side not a tandem set-up...

If the rest of the model is as good as it looks, I'd probably be happy to do my own cockpit...
Old 09-03-2011, 07:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Notice from these photos that the pilots are hand flying the aircraft. Today, they are just office managers pushing buttons.

I remember trying to connect on a flight from Detroit to NYC. The flight was canceled because the Auto pilot on the DC-9 was not operational. So I asked : did the pilot forget to hand fly the plane? The sad reality is yes, the pilots now adays do not really know how to fly since they only hand fly the TO and landing ( about 2 minutes out of the entire flight ). I think this is the last generation of manned aircraft ( probably commercial planes as well, but a bit slower ).

Back on topic. These are really cool looking aircraft despite their short careers. The wing area on this aircraft is so small that the landing speed must have been about 200 MPH.

Great progress. I would love to build it.

Cheers

Isaac
Google Adsense
Old 09-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
Notice from these photos that the pilots are hand flying the aircraft. Today, they are just office managers pushing buttons.

I remember trying to connect on a flight from Detroit to NYC. The flight was canceled because the Auto pilot on the DC-9 was not operational. So I asked : did the pilot forget to hand fly the plane? The sad reality is yes, the pilots now adays do not really know how to fly since they only hand fly the TO and landing ( about 2 minutes out of the entire flight ). I think this is the last generation of manned aircraft ( probably commercial planes as well, but a bit slower ).

Back on topic. These are really cool looking aircraft despite their short careers. The wing area on this aircraft is so small that the landing speed must have been about 200 MPH.

Great progress. I would love to build it.

Cheers

Isaac
Umm, noo? The FAA regulations determine when a plane can fly or not, the Pilot in Command must follow those regulations. If the Auto-Pilot i not working, then "Why?". What else might not be working? Planes are very sophisticated and as I know many pilots who fly international every day with 100's of people behind them, I can assure you, they do fly the plane. That statement is really a disservice to them and in all actuality, your life could have been saved by that Pilot's decision. They really do "know how to fly", and know a lot more, on top of that. To fly at that level is equivalent to having a .Phd (Doctorate) degree. The training never stops either.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONeill View Post
Good thinking, CD...found some of the M-4 Bison at Walkarounds on www.airforce.ru but it is a side-by-side not a tandem set-up...

If the rest of the model is as good as it looks, I'd probably be happy to do my own cockpit...

It just so happens that Mya... did a mockup of the M-50 with a side-by-side configuration...just like the B-52. Still, I'll bet the basic systems/equipment were the same only rearranged.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 12.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperwarrior View Post
Interesting subject. I saw a photo of a short take off idea for it.
That is a large kit. I look forward to seeing this one come together.

Jeff
YES))!! The model will be published Publishers ug-models
Old 09-03-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavenport View Post
It just so happens that Mya... did a mockup of the M-50 with a side-by-side configuration...just like the B-52. Still, I'll bet the basic systems/equipment were the same only rearranged.
Curiously enough, it was the M-52...intended as a missile carrier but had quite a few changes to the airframe as well...you probably could make-over a -50 into a -52...
Old 09-03-2011, 03:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 12.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by woppy73 View Post
1/33 and no Cockpit ? I see the point as i´m sure that there ist few to no information about that around - but i recommend at least to prepare for a CP-Floor and dashboard.. rest may be added by the builder itself.

Nevertheless - please make this a good one !!
ve done to order. What scale was asked - so I'm doing. By no information yet on the cab. If you find something - at least the minimum required cabin will.
Google Adsense