PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 10-04-2011, 10:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Boss Boroto Revision

I mothballed this robo about a year ago I guess. I remember I mothballed it cause I was frustrated over something but don't remember frustrated over what anymore. Anyway, CG is almost 100%, so I should finish it. The original was 14" in height, I scaled it down to 12" so it can be inline with my 1/6 scale figures collections. Because of the scaling down, I have to go back and redo almost half the parts to compensate the paper thickness different. The hand got a complete makeover too. I want to give that a industrial looks, not high tech Gundam like. The original hand design close to the anime design was fixed fingers. The new hand design completely off anime model have poseable fingers and the thumb can roll to allow better grip. I wonder will all that actually works? The living room/cockpit got new furniture too. That going to be boat load of fun to texture it. It got tv, pendulum clock, wood table, zaisu chairs, old school control station, boat load of fun, can't wait. I also thinking I have to do few more heads, each with different eyes expressions, happy, mad, and so on. The character Boss himself will be just a card. I'll eyeballs his size and place him in the cockpit, it going to be cool, I hope.
Attached Thumbnails
Boss Boroto Revision-01.jpg   Boss Boroto Revision-02.jpg   Boss Boroto Revision-03.jpg   Boss Boroto Revision-04.jpg   Boss Boroto Revision-05.jpg  

Boss Boroto Revision-06.jpg   Boss Boroto Revision-07.jpg   Boss Boroto Revision-08.jpg   Boss Boroto Revision-09.jpg   Boss Boroto Revision-10.jpg  

Boss Boroto Revision-11.jpg   Boss Boroto Revision-12.jpg   Boss Boroto Revision-13.jpg   Boss Boroto Revision-14.jpg   Boss Boroto Revision-15.jpg  

Boss Boroto Revision-16.jpg   Boss Boroto Revision-17.jpg   Boss Boroto Revision-18.jpg   Boss Boroto Revision-19.jpg   Boss Boroto Revision-20.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 10-04-2011, 11:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
You really have the coolest ideas for models, Allen...looking forward to seeing this one develop...Simon
Old 10-08-2011, 01:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
The office printer out of yellow ink so the cockpit colors are way off.

I was going to make it so I can rotate the eyes expressions. But things are made too tight in there and I can't turn the eyes, so that dept is going back to the drawing board. The character Boss looks a little small in there, I'll try scaling him up 15 ~ 20% next run. I know this robo guy is big, even after I scaled it down from 14" to 12". But holding the actual head in my hand really give me a whole new perspective how big this guy going to be. Going to need some sheft space. :D
Attached Thumbnails
Boss Boroto Revision-21.jpg   Boss Boroto Revision-22.jpg   Boss Boroto Revision-23.jpg   Boss Boroto Revision-24.jpg   Boss Boroto Revision-25.jpg  

Boss Boroto Revision-26.jpg   Boss Boroto Revision-27.jpg   Boss Boroto Revision-28.jpg   Boss Boroto Revision-29.jpg   Boss Boroto Revision-30.jpg  

Boss Boroto Revision-31.jpg  
Old 02-24-2012, 08:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
me lo puedes enviar ese modelo