PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 01-15-2012, 03:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I would suggest a smaller scale version of the "Atomic Annie" cannon, when I was at Ft. Riley KS they had one on display in a little park on a ridge just across K-18 from the airfield, just had the cannon and mount, not the two tractors, and that thing was HUGE!
Old 01-15-2012, 03:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 233.25 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to Inky
Count me in too, I want all of them. Really like the Patriot launcher since that is what I did in the Army.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:46 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
I think what you think is the Patriot is actually the Russian s-300 SAM launcher.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 01-15-2012, 03:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 233.25 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to Inky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texman View Post
I think what you think is the Patriot is actually the Russian s-300 SAM launcher.
You are right. I still want it though. LOL
Old 01-15-2012, 09:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
Ohhhhh....
Your models are wonderfully designed and built. You could have a huge collection and still be able to store it in one piece of Tupperware.
Forgive me for thinking your site was Russian, I saw the Cyrillic letters and immediately assumed it was Russian.
I recently saw one of the surviving Atomic Canon in Albuquerque, New Mexico where it is scattered across the yard of the Atomic Museum. The two tractors are at the edge of the Museum's outside display area, while the canon itself is in the middle of the yard in a partially disassembled state.
Its big.
A relative told me that he had seen the atomic test. The canon, witnesses and target zone were the points of a triangle with seven mile sides. When the conventional test shells were fired, he could see a puff of dust from the canon site, then a few seconds later hear a boom, then see a puff of smoke from the target site followed by a faint boom. When the atomic shell was fired they were told to turn their backs to the target site. There was a huge flash while facing away, followed by a huge boom, and a giant pillar of smoke and dust when they turned back to look at the target site.
Google Adsense
Old 01-15-2012, 09:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
And yes, I would be very happy if you would be willing to design an Atomic Canon model and share it with us.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.77 MB
Hi friends, all my models on that photos are Russian vehicles, and on it you can see indeed Russian S-300 SAM launcher on MAZ-7910 and SS-1 SCUD B mounted on MAZ-543 (after all Bulgaria was part of the Warsaw Pact and the Russian military vehicles are more common for me ). To this moment the BEREG 130 mm Self-propelled Coastal Artillery System doesn't have a publisher, but the model is ready on 100% so that I hope to made it available soon.

About the Atomic Canon,when I'm done with the steam roller will decide what to do, recently I saw that someone is designing it in exactly 1:100, but probably I will go in competition with him
Old 01-17-2012, 08:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 243.49 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleswlkr54 View Post
I would suggest a smaller scale version of the "Atomic Annie" cannon, when I was at Ft. Riley KS they had one on display in a little park on a ridge just across K-18 from the airfield, just had the cannon and mount, not the two tractors, and that thing was HUGE!
At Fort Sill, Oklahoma's Field Artillery Museum they have one of those cannons, new paint job and referbished tractors. It is a sight to behold.

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
BEREG 130 mm Self-propelled Coastal Artillery System 1:100(own designe)-dsc00915.jpg   BEREG 130 mm Self-propelled Coastal Artillery System 1:100(own designe)-dsc00916.jpg   BEREG 130 mm Self-propelled Coastal Artillery System 1:100(own designe)-dsc00924.jpg