PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 05-06-2012, 02:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
yea, i did paid that much. the tires on my model cost me more then the real tires i put on my gmc yukon.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
What is an Hmmwv? Can you post a pic here? I'd love to see something that cost 20k to build as a hobby.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:38 PM

A HumV. Googled it. Interesting.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:34 PM

not hobby, it was a prototype i was going to manufacture.
Attached Thumbnails
Usr ux-1-dsc_0152.jpg   Usr ux-1-dsc_0155.jpg   Usr ux-1-dsc_0149.jpg   Usr ux-1-dsc_0157.jpg   Usr ux-1-dsc_0156.jpg  

Old 05-06-2012, 08:52 PM

Allen,

You are a treasure trove of interesting. What do you do with something like that? I mean I intend to make a 22 inch boat go, so it has some kind of functional value as well as entertainment, but how do you even play with something like this. Anyway gorgeous work. I wish my skills were that good at modeling. I would crap my pants to see something like this for the 707. a 1/6 Junior sub. How cool would that be. Hell just go full scale.
Google Adsense
Old 05-07-2012, 08:22 AM

PS I mean to ask, did anything ever come of the development of your HumV? You did say it was going to manufacturing. I can see something like this costing in the 100's to purchase as a toy
Old 05-07-2012, 10:12 AM

no, my friends don't want to risk their capital and I can't do it on my own. if it did materialized, i was planning selling it in kit and or built from 200~400 price range.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:57 AM

That sounds about right. You should talk to private toy developers like Fantastic plastic. there are tons of them out there doing their own thing selling very expensive models like that. OF course you could always produce it yourself by making your own molds. Seems to me if you spent 20k on it, you might want to spend a little more just to push in to the realm of at least sell-able. Just a thought. Or do ebay sales of it. Something we live in the age of the internet and individuals making profits on their own.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:50 AM

707 update.

Allen,

I really wished you had done a 707 like you did the HumV. Man I would've bought that, plus I wouldn't have had to do all this work, and you work is soo much better. It really is. I don't know if I've asked this, but what do you do for a living? I think I've mentioned I am a web graphics designer. Anyway, here are a few of the final images of the 707 with an update on the junior in progress. I posted these on SubPirates, but as you once said you cannot see them there because it is a paid forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Usr ux-1-707_final_back.jpg   Usr ux-1-707_final_front.jpg   Usr ux-1-707_from-top-wire.jpg   Usr ux-1-707_from-top.jpg  
Old 05-16-2012, 12:38 PM

Sorry I been very busy so I have not do any work UX-1. So, thanks for for posting your works in here to keep thing going.

Second, my model was design from the start as a paper model, making it for 3d printing means I will have to start all new. If I do it again with 3d printing in 1/200 scale, I would design all missiles/torpedo hatches posable and Jr sub hangers workable. But I don't like to revisit old model much.

My day job is animation concept artist.
Google Adsense