PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 04-23-2012, 05:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Just out of couriousuty, where are the torpedo tubes on that bad boy? I don't see any sign of outer doors!
Old 04-23-2012, 08:34 PM

I am assuming this question is for Allen not me. Allen, you have the helm.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
hope that answer your question.
Attached Thumbnails
Usr ux-1-213.jpg   Usr ux-1-submarin707_2_1l.jpg   Usr ux-1-05.jpg   Usr ux-1-07.jpg   Usr ux-1-08.jpg  

Usr ux-1-09.jpg  
Old 04-23-2012, 09:33 PM

chad, so far there are 7 versions for the 707r, could be more. i just taking a break from the ux-1 and setting up the 707f blueprint in rhino so i can jump on that when .....ever.
Attached Thumbnails
Usr ux-1-7.jpg  
Old 04-24-2012, 10:19 AM

Allen,

Looks good. 7, wow I didn't know there were that many. I know there are like 4 that share the same color scheme that I know of, and some are like blue and grey for some reason. Anyway this blue print looks like this would be the most futuristic version of them all. Love that Tiger mouth graphic. I should totally do that on mine.

Hey on another topic, I had a guy contact me at SubPirates who was interested in doing paper models so I directed him here. I had once asked if you sold the paper model prints, but what if you sold the finished product. Like a completed paper model, Would you do that for him? If so I want one too depending on how much you want to sell them for. I was willing to pay for the paper prints and assemble them myself, but I know you didn't want to do that. Probably because you don't want anyone making copies, which I completely understand. I think however if you offered to sell the finished model there would be less to worry about. Anyway he might be looking you up to ask. FYI. I can't wait to see more 707 models from you sir.

Oh and I just uploaded my models to Shapeways for printing. So I should be getting my first shipment soon. The 707II sail with planes and the rudder assembly. I'm excited. I attached a pic from shapeways with the models. I still need to make some more adjustments to the hull before I can call em totally done. You might notice one little model in there not realted to the 707. That's the pump jet from the UX-1. Kind of like you, I built it in 3d and then get to see it in real life. I want to be a toy designer too always have. Ok later.
Attached Thumbnails
Usr ux-1-screen-shot-2012-04-24-11.27.56-am.jpg  

Last edited by chad; 04-24-2012 at 10:33 AM. Reason: add photo
Google Adsense
Old 04-24-2012, 10:40 AM

thanks, i am not ready to sell any templates at this point. the 707r templates still not organized and parts are not numbered. if or when i sell them they will be in limited printed only not download. i will be using online printing service for that when models are ready.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:44 AM

oh, i forgot. the seven versions are from all that refitting on the 707r. but with the exception of the 707f and 707j that are all new sub.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:27 AM

Allen,

I dub thee, official 707 expert. "Dr. 707" is in the house. PS I was talking about selling the final product as in a fully constructed version shipped in the mail, but I would settle for an online print of some sort especially if it were cheaper. Although you will still have to deal with the issues of copying, which can still be done via a copier regardless of how is it is printed, which is why I suggested if you sold it to sell it as a fully constructed model as opposed to a printed version, but again whatever. Although I personally whole-heartedly promise never to reproduce or resell your work should you choose to sell me a print or a fully constructed model. Now I am more than willing to pass on the opportunity to sell you a 707 plastic kit that I am producing if you are interested. The final price will be between $400 - $500. 22 inches long unpainted but fully constructed. I will be selling them fully constructed and painted with weathering for 1000 to collectors and rc hobbiests. Let me know if you'd like one.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:04 PM

i'm going have to kindly decline that, thanks. i'm not a expert whatsoever.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:37 AM

Well sir I kindly decline to accept your decline of my kind offer. Just kidding. It's cool.
Google Adsense