PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 04-02-2012, 09:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.62 GB
Please continue with the design the way YOU intended. If others want added detail, different colors or a different version I suggest that they purchase the model and then take a few minutes and whip out those changes in Photoshop for their own enjoyment.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.71 GB
My brother, who works for NCAR in Boulder, CO, was tasked last year to assist in the resurrection of a moth-balled B-57 from the desert graveyard in AZ for high-altitude conversion. The B-57 was the US version of the Canberra, licensed & built by Martin. It changed the cockpit to centerline dual, and was used extensively in the Viet Nam theater. The NASA version is available from Paragon Cardmodels, at 1/72 scale, I believe, but does not even come close to the detail being developed here. Looking forward to the release. I'll probably buy this one and the DeHavilland from his site.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Just to clarify, 1-reworking the geometry, 2-retexturing the new parts 3- redrawing almost all of the construction diagrams, 4- rewriting the relevant parts of the instructions, 5-adding them to the beta build, etc. Will take six months for ME to complete.

For those who don't know, that's ME on the left of the photo. I work my design efforts into my flight schedule as a United Express captain, at work an average 80-90 hours a week, often with only four days off a month, and just as many days at home. Minute by minute I earn about a thousand times as much flying as I do developing paper models, though, truth be told, I love paper models and do it for my customers, who I love. Between extreme responsibility in the real flying world, line checks, check rides, medicals, mechanical issues, passengers, unions, irreverent gate agents, fed inspectors, and a million other logistical nightmares I deal with every day, I do my best to squeeze in some design time, which is surprisingly mentally back breaking work ( designers chime in here ). I woke up at three am in Montreal this morning to read this nice little well aimed slap in the face. I actually encourage and want as much feedback as possible, but I'm also honest about EXACTLY where the designs are, and what the release prospects are, and what issues the designs face. After putting in as much work into a complex project like this, it's pretty discouraging that people have the temerity to tell ME to be "real" and that my honest comments are "ridiculous". Zathros, I do believe you were trying to help, and I'm glad for your's and everyone's interest, and I forgive you for for your comments. Just spend a week in MY life and then try saying that to my face.

Last edited by 3Turner; 04-03-2012 at 06:01 PM. Reason: removed off topic quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.91 GB
I'm just happy that there is going to be a large-scale Canberra. I have the Sea Hornet kits still in the to-do pile, but it looks like this pile will just have to get bigger. Looking forward to the release of this one.

All the best and happy modelling,

Bernie
Old 04-02-2012, 11:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
I second. Sumato. Designing just simple ships has its problems with changes. One gun can set you back a ways. then that crazy little thing called life gets in the way. who woulda thunk being a pilot was so involving! my experience with civil pilots stopped at "hello and welcome aboard flight xxx", this is a real heads up view of being REAL! Take your time Jeremiah, patience is what a hobby is about.
Google Adsense
Old 04-02-2012, 11:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 15.61 MB
Sumato, don't sweat it! Certain individuals on the forum have a history of antagonizing behavior. It's your hobby, do what makes you happy!

...keep 'em flying!

Russ
Old 04-02-2012, 11:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
It is always a great pleasure to see your models take shape. I appreciate knowing the back story and am glad you shared the photo. Thank you for squeezing model design into your life and for sharing the results with us.

Every Skyline model is a masterpiece. I regret that I do not have the skill to build your models properly, but I buy every one, follow your threads assiduously, and hope to someday make an attempt at your magnificent Sea Hornet.

Don
Old 04-02-2012, 08:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.42 MB
Hello Sumato,

Thank you for putting a face to the name. I am also a grateful buyer of your Sea Hornet F.20, looking forward to building it one day when my skills can approach the task of doing it justice.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 04-02-2012, 10:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.98 MB
Hey Sumato, what is that front office we see you driving n your last picture?
Old 04-03-2012, 04:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.62 GB
Sumato - I have found that clicking "User CP", "Ignore List" and entering the user ID of your choice brings much peace and quiet to forum participation. I look forward to your release of the Canberra (and any future Skyline models) whenever you are comfortable doing so.
Google Adsense