PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 04-20-2012, 08:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Well I did it, eventually. I now have three sheets of card with the model on them!!!

I exported each page as an image as follows.

File > Export.. > 2D graphic

I chose Portable Network Graphic and then selected the Options tab.

I unticked the Use view size box and changed the width to 5000. The height automatically changed in proportion. I left the anti-alias box ticked as this means the textures and colours are exported too.
Then click ok and then export to whatever you are saving your file.

You can put whatever size you want in instead of the 5000. The bigger you do the better the detail but the bigger the filesize. I found that this was detailed enough but my ancient laptop could still handle it.

After that it really depends what graphics package you have. I haven't done anything more to the model in my art package, but with future models I will be weathering them etc.

All you have to do is crop the exported image as accurately as you can to the edges of the paper. I then printed it out and scaled the print so that the it was 297cm wide and then centred the image on the paper. I didn't use fit to page option as this fits to the printable part of the paper which is smaller.
How you do this will vary depending on which art package you use and which printer settings you have. This make take a bit of trial and error. Once you have a print check the size with a ruler until it's right! Just make sure that each page ends up being scaled at the same percentage!!
It's worth making a note of what settings you used for next time!

Well here is a pic of the finsihed design on my coffee table ready to go. I have started a build thread but don't expect to start building tilll after the weekend.
Phil's house - the build

Any questions just ask and I'll try to answer them!
Attached Thumbnails
Phil's house-paper.jpg