PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 05-26-2012, 03:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 66.10 MB
It's a really great design and a nice build too! Hope to see more desings like this from you Grizley! Do you know Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs? That is one of my favorites /besides Voltron /
Old 05-26-2012, 07:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
HMCS, glad to hear that you are getting better, your health is the most important thing, without that you can't build any models.

Uyraell, I know of the vehicle you speak of. I actually saw one at a Lamborghini/luxury car dealership in or near Sycamore, Il. I believe it was 1995, or 1996, reminded me more of a Lambo Hummer than anything. Very mean looking truck that's for sure.

Vermin_King, Thanks I hope you and your son can get some enjoyment out of this model.

SPeR, I'm not sure of what the scale I have it set at right now,(not good with math, thanks Illinois educational system) The model length right now is 7 inches, I do know that a lego minifig fits in the interior with a bit of room to spare. It is in a vector format and is designed in such a way that sizing it up or down should reveal no problems.

Lacc, Thanks, I have never heard of Star Saber but an internet search did reveal some pretty cool designs. I will have to look into it a bit more.
Although a few models I would really like to make from my childhood as well would be characters from the cartoon Centurions. I had the Ace McCloud figure and the Doc Terror figures, I remember them fondly.
Another series I just HAVE to make is M.A.S.K. If I can ever find good enough reference I want to make each vehicle and their helmets.

Found a pic, it was the LM002 I saw like Rickstef mentioned.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Rickstef, Thank you my friend for the amended info, I was going by an admittedly patchy recall.

As for the GI Joe and related and later toys along similar lines, using "Political Correctness"* the feminazis in NZ pretty much succeeded in having them all banned as being "too warlike, contributing to the culture of male disrespect of persons" etc. etc. and for most of the 80's and 90's such toys effectively ceased to exist in NZ, until a silent return in time for Christmas of 1999 as I seem to recall.
While they were available, they were certainly large and expensive toys, $65 to $95 not being unusual or rare to encounter as prices.

(* Although, oddly, that same Political Correctness was very much NOT applied when in the 2002/2003 season such wonderful "toys" for girls as "Bratz" and so-on contributed equally heavily to "disrespect of persons" etc etc.)

I feel modern "fan art" cardmodel repros of those toys would find a welcoming audience/fanbase/customer base. I am certainly enjoying seeing this model evolve.

Kind and Respectful Regards my friends, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.56 GB
In my local area there were only ever two toys available, the mms and the fang. These were the only ones the local toy shop owner wuld get as they were the only ones her son and his friends were "into". I for one really appreciate the skills involved and the thought of sharing with those of us less 'design abled'. I always wanted the APC truck but no hope so built daggy ones from wood and shoeboxes, but hey they did the job even of they never survived the battles we went through. Now theres a thought, the apc would be great!! hint, hint!! Seriously though, great work!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2012, 06:39 AM

Thank you for the posts guys, it's appreciated!

Spent the better part of last night re-coloring the templates into the black Cobra version which, as far as I can tell, was only available at Canadian Sears stores. Not much done on the build last night, got one seat built up which revealed yet another coloring problem that was promptly fixed. More later today hopefully.

By grizley77 at 2012-05-27

By grizley77 at 2012-05-27
Attached Thumbnails
G.I. Joe-V.A.M.P. and M.M.S.-canada_cobramsv.jpg   G.I. Joe-V.A.M.P. and M.M.S.-vamp-page-1-ver-2.jpg  

Last edited by Grizley; 05-27-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 05-29-2012, 04:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 66.10 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizley View Post
Lacc, Thanks, I have never heard of Star Saber but an internet search did reveal some pretty cool designs. I will have to look into it a bit more.
Although a few models I would really like to make from my childhood as well would be characters from the cartoon Centurions. I had the Ace McCloud figure and the Doc Terror figures, I remember them fondly.
Another series I just HAVE to make is M.A.S.K. If I can ever find good enough reference I want to make each vehicle and their helmets.
I would really love to see some cool Saber Rider designs the way you design theese models! I remember Centurions, Ace McCloud was my favorite character. (Power Extreme! )

M.A.S.K : Another favorite! We have built many vehicles from the cartoon from Lego with my younger brother Another must build model(s) for me, if you design them!

BTW, this current vehicle looks real cool!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:48 AM

very cool! the black version was available in other stores as well,.. BUT had grey parts as well,.. including doors etc that opened in a gull wing fashion,..I believe the chassis may have been grey as well,..
Old 05-29-2012, 09:54 AM

OAFE - GI Joe G3: Stinger w/ Stinger Driver review
Attached Thumbnails
G.I. Joe-V.A.M.P. and M.M.S.-gij25sting1.jpg  
Old 05-29-2012, 10:02 AM

aaah yes the memories!
TOP 10 LIST: We salute the best G.I. Joe vehicles of the 1980s | Hero Complex – movies, comics, fanboy fare – latimes.com
Old 05-29-2012, 10:10 AM

Yeah that's the Cobra Stinger which was released in 1984, two years after the V.A.M.P. They shared the same basic mold but were not the same toy. In the V.A.M.P Mark 2 (produced same year as stinger) was where they introduced the removable roof and doors. Other notable differences are the absence of the molded shovel and equipment on the front end of the V.A.M.P Mark 1 but are there on the Mark 2 as well as Stinger. So with that said, this model is the V.A.M.P Mark 1 and it's variations. I may revise this model into the Mark 2 as well as the Stinger in the future though.
Google Adsense