PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 09-06-2012, 07:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Daveybird's Paper Action Figures

Here are some of the flat poseable action figures I've made so far. To see all of them, go to www.photobucket.com/home/slimyscaly and under Albums, click on "Paper Action Figures."

I'm working on four different figure series:

Bird Force: Bird-headed men who are in a kinda military-ish crime fighting organization called the Bird Force. They use guns made by double-sided photos of guns I found on the internet, and I might make more in the future.

Funny Bros: Cute-faced humanoid people who are based on the Koopalings (remember them, Bowser's children from the Mario games? Brownie points for whoever can guess which specific Koopaling each is based on), typically wear very few items of clothing, and have goofy, optimistic personalities.

Foot of the Chinese Dragon: The series that was designed around my Card Stock Karate idea, this series has a lot of archetype fighting game characters.

Yoshi Club: You know Yoshi? Well, a lot of Yoshi fans make their own Yoshi fan characters, with different clothes, hairstyles, etc, and I made some.

X-Wheels: MX bikes, BMX bikes, Road bikes, Skateboards, Surfboards, and Go Karts that your figures can pose with or drive/ride. You can even use the CardStock Karate stick to drive them! Coming Soon! I'll also make a series called "SportRiders" specifically for these vehicles, so they can look more professional.

Now onto the designs:

Foot of the Chinese Dragon:

Happy Dragon

An old, wise Chinese kung fu master, who has the slight appearance of a Chinese Dragon. He owns a Kung Fu palace in Shanghai, where he trains people. Note: He has a loincloth that you attach seperately. The rectangle with the Chinese writing on it (it means "cuddly") is the outer front, the blue trapezoid with the short dark blue rectangle is the inner front, and the other blue trapezoid is the rear. You can attach these with either glue or sticky tak (mounting putty).

Lyn Ming

A Chinese American woman who moved to Shanghai to train with Happy Dragon when she was a kid. She's now second in command to him. Note: Like Happy Dragon, she has a loincloth as well.

Tao Shang:

Lyn Ming's father, he used to be one of Happy Dragon's students, now he is also the head chef for Happy Dragon's Chinese Restaurant in his palace.
Note: His P2 outfit has an optional loincloth, like Happy Dragon and Lyn Ming.

Ryosuke

Ryosuke is a Japanese Karate practicioner. He intensely trains almost every day to help perfect his skills. During his off time, he races on the Japan Superbike Tour. Note: The blue pair of rectangles is the back of his headband, the black pair of rectangles is the front of his black belt.

Master Peking

He's an old chicken-human who likes to fight quickly and swiftly, and usually has short knives. When he was 18, his parents reached their boiling point with him and kicked him out of the house. For 2 years he fought in street fights for scraps of food and money. Then, Happy Dragon saw him, and let him live and train in his palace, not only to improve Peking's fighting skills, but to instill respect and discipline in him. Now he married a pink chicken-woman named Chik Chow (figure coming soon!), and hopes to revisit his parents after several decades. Note: He comes with a robe, which can be folded in half, cut in the middle for the head, and attached on him. Fun Fact: He's based on Lord Shen from Kung Fu Panda 2, as I liked how Lord Shen looks, sounds, and all three of us had similar struggles with our parents.

Kendo Joe:

A Kendo fighter from the USA, he's enthusiastic and experienced. Winning several Kendo World Series championships, he wants to prove to the world that Samurai is still awesome. Note: He looks the best with the kendo stick.

Weapons:

To use these weapons, cut one out, fold it in half, cut the weapon out, glue both sides together, then attach it to the fighter's hand using glue or mounting putty. Includes Chinese Sword, short knife, medium knife, kendo stick, nunchucks, and large knife.

Funny Bros:

Donny:

He's the youngest of the Funny Bros. Donny used to play college basketball for Randleville University, and sometimes wears his
practice clothes:

And his uniform:

Kenny:
EXCUSE THE BUTT PLEASE!

Kenny is the Funny Bros resident "cool beach/extreme sports dude." He loves skateboarding and surfing, and loves to wear his beach trunks just about everywhere (ONCE AGAIN, SORRY ABOUT THE BUTT!). He's a diehard Mtn Dew obsessor, and while the yellow 5 didn't shrink his man parts, it did pigment his skin! He is usually hyperactive and super silly.

Wendell (pronounced "Vendell"):
BUTT WARNING!!

A former sumo wrestler, Wendell is the "healthy" kind of fat, gaining weight from purposely eating lots of rice, bread, meat, and noodles, and not working it off. He's like this now because he thinks he looks cute when he's big. He's also a composer and pianist. He likes Formula 1 cars, and owns his own X-Wheels Go Kart.

Bird Force:

Firebird:

He's quite strong and aggressive, and can also pull off a flaming punch, which he makes an eagle screech. I haven't made his main outfit yet.

Black Falcon:

The founder and leader of the Bird Force, Black Falcon used to work for the military. Now he formed his own group. Note: That black thing on his right thigh is a holster you can put guns in. He also wears a slick, revealing, comfortable speedsuit:

Guns:

An AK 47, a Machine Gun, and a Pistol.

I like making barefoot characters. Dunno why. Probably because the characters in Bird Force look bad-A like that, the Funny Bros are loosely based on the Koopalings (which also explains their super-revealing outfits), Yoshies are supposed to be cuddly (being barefoot greatly multiplies the effect), and in FotCD, the one character who doesn't kick wears boots. Anyways, please tell me how you like them, and please let me know if you download/build them, cause I wanna see how popular they are. Thanks!

Last edited by Daveybird; 09-06-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 09-06-2012, 07:51 PM

Oh, and here's Davey J Yoshi from Yoshi Club:

I'm not gonna post the other two here, since they're nude, Yoshies with no private parts, but bare butts, and I don't know how you guys will react to that.

About my shirt: People on some other forums told me I should change how I draw characters, and use EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF CRITIQUE people threw at me. I tried that for a while, but then I figured out that if I kept drawing like this, I would be bored and quit drawing (and modeling things out of clay). So now, I'm just making the art I want to see.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:56 PM

What's wrong? Sorry if I disturbed you. In a few other forums, I end up unintentionally disturbing people. This is just my style of art. I think it's cute!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Unusual, maybe even a bit wierd; but don't see any problems with them. I'm not a game player or real familiar with some of the characters you reference, basically an old guy car nut so get lost in a lot of the game and manga-anime references although have learned a lot about them on the forum here.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whulsey View Post
Unusual, maybe even a bit wierd; but don't see any problems with them. I'm not a game player or real familiar with some of the characters you reference, basically an old guy car nut so get lost in a lot of the game and manga-anime references although have learned a lot about them on the forum here.
Car nut? No problem!! You might like my Youtube videos. Just look at my Newbie thread in the Welcome Center. Do you like dirt oval racing? And I made some templates over at paperdirtseries.webs.com.
Google Adsense
Old 09-08-2012, 11:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
After I commented here, I realized I'd seen you Newbie thread with the dirt late models. Took a look at the templates. Nice. Haven't been keeping up with late models since National Speed Sports News ceasted publication. They don't run them here in AZ. Its more wingless sprint car and IMCA type modifieds around here. Look forward to seeing what you come up with next.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:02 PM

They don't race that many dirt late models here in Indiana, either. Same story as Arizona, mostly street stocks, super stocks, UMP Modifieds, and nonwing sprint cars. The only Indiana track that races them as part of their regular program is Brownstown. The rest only have once a year late model events or don't race them altogether.