PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 09-01-2013, 07:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.20 GB
Willygoat, it is.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
Good catch Serg3t, I forgot all about that one. I don't think I downloaded Air Force One yet.

I decided to build up the original Schreiber Bogen version, so I will be making three 747s at the same time.

I took the hubris of putting myself in the first officer's seat. A guy can dream.

The three nose sections are from the original version, my beta build of the Atlas Air version, and the final version of the Atlas Air version. Tonight I will work on the LCF (Dreamlifter) files and start building that version.
Attached Thumbnails
Boeing 747 Dreamlifter-photo.jpg   Boeing 747 Dreamlifter-cockpit.jpg   Boeing 747 Dreamlifter-nose-sections.jpg  
Old 09-09-2013, 01:36 PM

I'm still working on the sketchup model and page layout for the Dreamlifter. I decided to work up a completely new model so there won't be any copyright problems if I get it good enough to release. I had to go back and review Ertz's CSS Texas tutorial a few times to remember how to work in Sketchup. I have the fuselage parts completed and will be starting a test build next week.

I completed the new Atlas Air version, and discovered a good product for all you airliner builders. I sprayed the model with Krylon Triple-Thick Crystal Clear Glaze from Walmart. You can't see it very well in the photos, but the glaze gives a very nice high gloss finish to the model. Much glossier than other sprays I have used. It also dries very fast, you can touch it in 5 minutes without leaving any fingerprints. It was also fairly cheap at about $4 a can.
Attached Thumbnails
Boeing 747 Dreamlifter-gloss-spray.jpg   Boeing 747 Dreamlifter-fuselage.jpg  
Old 09-19-2013, 01:58 PM

I've completed the original 747, and the Atlas Air version, and have started the test build of the VLF version. All the various lines and markings on the VLF version are for my use when I paint the individual parts, they won't be on the final version. There's a lot of complex curves on this baby.
Attached Thumbnails
Boeing 747 Dreamlifter-fleet.jpg   Boeing 747 Dreamlifter-nose.jpg   Boeing 747 Dreamlifter-sides.jpg  
Old 09-19-2013, 02:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
That's going to be huge!
Google Adsense
Old 11-16-2013, 04:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 883.09 MB
Any more progress?
Old 11-18-2013, 12:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
Looking forward to it.
Minor note: Dreamlifter carries parts for the 787 Dreamliner
Old 12-23-2013, 08:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 883.09 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife View Post
I've completed the original 747, and the Atlas Air version, and have started the test build of the VLF version. All the various lines and markings on the VLF version are for my use when I paint the individual parts, they won't be on the final version. There's a lot of complex curves on this baby.
So looking at the dreamlifter model you are working on, it seems that you're using graph paper. Are you building the model from scratch or just printing on graph paper?
Old 12-23-2013, 09:09 PM

Just printed on draft (actually used grid lines in Sketchup) to help me line up the panel and paint lines. Project is from scratch, there's too many differences to use any of the currently available 747 models. Also I would like to make it all mine so I can release it without copy-write problems. Project is on hold while I concentrate on a couple of DC-9 models, but I will continue work after Christmas. Also allowing Atlas Air a few weeks to recover from the embarrassment of landing this aircraft at the wrong airport a few weeks ago.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serg3t View Post
There is also a Boeing VC-25 Air Force One Free Paper Model. I can't insert the URL here, but to find it google "Boeing VC-25 Air Force One Paper Model" and the link should be the first result of the search
yup thats the one i have from paper-replika
Google Adsense