PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 04-17-2017, 11:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.31 MB
I am finishing up the kit of B-17G “A Bit O’ Lace”. Most likely I’ll get the files uploaded to Ecardmodels today. Hopefully it will then be available soon.

This kit features the Cheyenne tail turret and the framed enclosed waist gun windows. I had this model on display at the Army War College event this past April 1st. Here are some more photos.
Attached Thumbnails
B-17 Flying Fortress-abl1s.jpg   B-17 Flying Fortress-abl8s.jpg  
Old 04-17-2017, 12:21 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
While I don't build many aircraft, I have seen this model in person, and would be inclined to buy it, so I encourage all my friends who do build aircraft, to buy this one as soon as it is released. you will be in for a treat

Rick
(a non paid non professional spokesperson)
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 04-17-2017, 12:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Yes! All of John's models are thoroughly researched and beautifully engineered, and designed. The parts fit perfectly, the artwork is breathtaking, and the instructions are written with clarity and precision.

Don
Old 04-17-2017, 06:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 879.73 MB
John: Wow, that looks incredible. I thought my next kit was going to be one of your B-24s, but I have to re-think that . . . hurry up ecardmodels.com and get it posted!
John, keep it up and can't wait for every release.

Hank
Old 04-18-2017, 09:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.31 MB
Thanks for the non-paid endorsement Rick. Though I would consider you a professional.

Thank you Don, I always enjoy discussing research with you. I’m looking forward to seeing everyone on Armed Forces Day weekend.

And thank you too Hank, you’ll have to post some photos of your whole collection. Other than myself, I think you have built more of my b-17s than anyone else.

Since the Cheyenne tail turret is a new feature on this kit I figured I’d give a little info on how it goes together. The photo on the right shows the cut out pieces, next, the pieces assembled. The third photo shows the tabbed ring attached to the “pumpkin” (this is what this piece of the turret is actually referred to). This assembly then goes into the rear fuselage piece almost snapping into position. Finally a couple of photos showing the entire tail assembly.

“A Bit O’ Lace” had what appear to be wind deflectors angled aft just forward of the “pumpkin”. I’ve attached a photo of what these looked like on a B-17G. I have included these with this kit. I’m not sure if I posted this before but here is a link to a photo gallery showing B-17Gs going through the Cheyenne Modification Center. “A Bit O’ Lace” has all the modifications that are shown being applied in the photos.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Radio.WW2/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1770226926556629

I want to get the final details worked out for the B-17D kit to get it ready for release. This kit will have parts to build both the U.S. and Japanese versions.
Attached Thumbnails
B-17 Flying Fortress-cheyenne-parts.jpg   B-17 Flying Fortress-ct1.jpg   B-17 Flying Fortress-ct2.jpg   B-17 Flying Fortress-13524370_1770227156556606_5607366687713380555_n.jpg  
Old 04-18-2017, 10:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Those images of the B-17s and the workers at the Cheyenne plant are wonderful. Some detailed insights into the production line.

Don
Old 04-18-2017, 10:30 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dell View Post
Thanks for the non-paid endorsement Rick. Though I would consider you a professional.
Thanks John, but there are some who would call me anything but professional or a professional

I could try to do my best Vince, or Billy Mays or Anthony Sullivan(don't have a good British accent) and try to upsell your kits
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 04-18-2017, 10:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
And for those who have been anticipating the release of Bit O'Lace....she has been listed here on Ecardmodels: Bit O'Lace

B-17 Flying Fortress-jdl_b-17g_a-bit_olace_cover.jpg
Old 04-19-2017, 11:15 AM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
Oh sure, now that I've seen the finished product now I have to add your incredible model to my stable.
Great looking kit!!
Old 04-19-2017, 11:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.57 MB
Just downloaded the kit. Stunning detail & weathering.