PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 08-09-2019, 01:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
Here is one of my father with his B29 on Tinian, 676 of the 444 of the 20th. Transferred there from the CBI. The Dragon is the insignia of the 676th.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
B-17 Flying Fortress-dad-2-.jpg  
Attached Images
B-17 Flying Fortress-676-avatar.jpg 
Old 08-22-2019, 09:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
John - As I mentioned via email, I have been in touch with the Lineage and Honors Department of the Air Force Historical Agency, and hope to have an image of FEALogFor soon. Keep 'em flying! Don
Old 09-18-2019, 06:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 879.73 MB
John: I finally finished the Memphis Belle . . . I decided to do it in 1/72 scale for storage reasons. As expected, your kit is fabulous and the little tweaks you did with the ball turret and your wheels really add to the final product. Here are a few pictures. (I had some problems in several areas which was my fault because I was out of practice with B-17s). I also included a group picture of your B-17D and the Model 299 from FG. I will definitely do another kit in 1/48 scale: it's too good not to! Oh, BTW, the "other project" I was working on which delayed this start was Nobi's 1/100 B-52H.
Thanks again for your kits and can't wait to see what you'll do next.
Attached Thumbnails
B-17 Flying Fortress-b17.1.jpg   B-17 Flying Fortress-b17.4.jpg   B-17 Flying Fortress-b17.3.jpg  
Old 09-18-2019, 07:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Outstanding job on the Memphis Belle, Elliott. You have a splendid flight of B-17s there.

Don
Old 09-19-2019, 02:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.31 MB
Nice job! It turned out very well. I do most of my builds in 1/72 scale to save room also. I usually only do a 1/48 scale build if there is some kind of structural change or a camouflage pattern that I have to be sure lines up properly. The two “shark fins” turned out really nice too! On the Model 299, did you add some kind of transparences to the waist gun positions? I’m glad you are enjoying my kits, thanks!
Old 09-19-2019, 02:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 879.73 MB
Thanks Don and John for the kind words.
John, I thought you would probably notice the waist gun positions were not paper . . . they are scrounged plastic from the Academy B-17B . . . they were available so I decided to give it a try. I also used the clear part for the belly gondola. I wanted to use the clear part for the radio operator's gun blister, but the Academy didn't work . . . probably because it was for a "B" and not the model 299.
I am building up quite a collection of your kits . . . let's see, I also have 3X B-24s and the JU-52 in 1/72 and in 1/48 I have 1x B-24, 2X B-17Gs, 1X B-17E and 1X B-17C. Naturally, I have all those beautiful Fokker D-VIIs from Fiddler's Green.
As you can tell, I really do enjoy your kits and look forward to making more . . . I can always find space . . . somewhere.
Old 09-20-2019, 03:56 PM

Wow! You are a good customer! Thanks for your support!

The plastic parts worked out really well. I've got a basic B-17B designed, I just have to get the time to get some of these projects finished.

There was a woman couple of years ago at one of the Carlisle paper modeling events who made molds and then cast items made from a paper based clay substance. I’ve always wanted to see if it would be possible to cast items such as those football shaped ADF antennas with this paper clay.
Old 03-01-2020, 02:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 660.49 MB
Hello. I do not know if anyone is still following this, but I have a question. Since Ecardmodels seems to be having more than its fair share of problems, is there any other outlet for Mr. Dell's models And if Mr. Dell sees this, is there any possibility of some new models I am a great fan of your work and always am looking for you latest. Thanks for reading....
Old 03-02-2020, 12:27 PM

Hi Rock55, Feel free to send me a private message and we can than communicate directly. I am doing the final build of my Korean War VB-17G VIP transport. With the holidays and ecardmodels being down, this build has been languishing on my work bench but in the last couple of weeks I have been getting back into it. Hopefully I might be able to get it finished this weekend. I’ll post photos whenever I do.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:38 AM

One of the benefits of being stuck working from home is that I’ve had some time to catch up on my models. I finished the final test build for the VB-17G. Since this is a General’s VIP aircraft I removed a lot of the weathering. As I was doing this build I realized I needed to remove more. The final kit will be much cleaner. This will be done after I do some layout clean up and write up a brief history. Than I have to re-sign up at Ecardmodels (another thing I’ll finally have time to do) and it should soon be available. I hope everyone has been staying safe.
Attached Thumbnails
B-17 Flying Fortress-vb-17g-model-s.jpg