PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 05-07-2021, 05:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.44 MB
Send a message via AIM to Cybermac Send a message via MSN to Cybermac
Smile F-86 Sabre (new experimental project)

Hello gents,

It started end of last year as an experiment by using good quality photos for 3D/2D model design.

I was very skeptical if I should reveal this project, but as it is got some 'critical mass' (the term from nuclear scene) and 'the chain' reaction continues, I am happy to show some bits of my cold war jet project.

First part which got developed was the sliding part of the canopy.

kind regards

Cybermac
Attached Thumbnails
F-86 Sabre (new experimental project)-sabre_phot_1m.jpg   F-86 Sabre (new experimental project)-sabre_phot_1n.jpg   F-86 Sabre (new experimental project)-sabre_phot_3.jpg   F-86 Sabre (new experimental project)-sabre_phot_4.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-07-2021, 09:08 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
The MAC is BACK!

Great to see you back my friend, and boy what a way to come in... Fantastic Aircraft and project, will follow
with great interest
Old 05-08-2021, 02:57 PM

Smile ...

Hello gents!

Pete - thank you for your kind words my friend!

I was was always interested in a 'cold war jets / early jets' but it was a tough choice which one I should choose.
I wanted something easy, with a lot of different painting schemes and a bit of history... and here I am with Sabre

All my developments are based on quality photos and good scale drawings from Japan (Bunrindo, Kantosha).

I am working on 'late Sabre' (F-86F-30, Sabre Mk.5) so I can use 6-3 wing with no slats to keep it easy for now, but I should be able to backdate it to E + A versions later on.

Please see the cabin cover done (front bit needs some adjustments) and the segment with guns.
After the designing bit got done, playing with gradient was a nice thing to do.

By the way, to keep the things simple most of the details will be done after the 3D/2D development.

I haven't decided on painting scheme yet, but there is going to be a 'civilian one' and the USAF from Korea.
Attached Thumbnails
F-86 Sabre (new experimental project)-sabre_phot_5.jpg   F-86 Sabre (new experimental project)-sabre_phot_7.jpg   F-86 Sabre (new experimental project)-sabre_phot_10.jpg  
Old 05-09-2021, 04:52 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Coming along nicely Mac. I know getting spare time to do your design work is hard, going to work and then looking after your family leaves so little time for your hobby... But the time you do get you make good use of. This project will keep you busy for quite a while, but it will be well worth all your efforts.... Keep it coming Mac
Old 05-09-2021, 05:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 73.24 MB
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermac View Post
Hello gents,

It started end of last year as an experiment by using good quality photos for 3D/2D model design.

I was very skeptical if I should reveal this project, but as it is got some 'critical mass' (the term from nuclear scene) and 'the chain' reaction continues, I am happy to show some bits of my cold war jet project.

First part which got developed was the sliding part of the canopy.

kind regards

Cybermac
Hi Cybermac , great to see you back
Google Adsense
Old 05-09-2021, 08:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 113.01 MB
I am following this thread with great interest. Looks great so far! what software are you using?
Old 05-09-2021, 12:55 PM

Smile ...

Hello gents,

Thank you for your interest and kind words!

@ Jim G - I am using Siatki3D for 3D/2D shape developing and Corel X5 for details, colours, etc.

The only bit done 'old school way' is the front of the carbine cover, needs a bit of redevelopment as it is too narrow (some discrepancy between the side view and the top view).

The whole thing is getting developed for 1/33 scale model.

I just had couple of days off so I could prepare about a half of the cross-sections and the segment developments.

The front/nose bit was really tricky as I had to figure out the very front 'theoretical cross-section' to get it done.

kind regards

Cybermac
Attached Thumbnails
F-86 Sabre (new experimental project)-sabre_phot_6.jpg   F-86 Sabre (new experimental project)-sabre_phot_17.jpg   F-86 Sabre (new experimental project)-sabre_phot_16.jpg  
Old 05-10-2021, 05:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 62.27 MB
Looks very promising Cybermac, whaiting to see more of it. Actually the F-86 is also on my scratchbuild list (mainly the D version). Will be interesting to follow this thread.

Shalom Mor
Old 05-11-2021, 06:42 AM

Smile ...

Hello gents,

Sorry for delay but I have been 'un-furloughed' and I am back to my night shift with 'some additional new stuff to do' in a new place.

@ mor54 - thank you for your reply! I am glad you like it, and I can only hope my F-86 Sabre will be looking good next to you beautiful F-80 Shooting Star F-86D would be a great model among the early jets for sure!

I am not making any plans for now (having U-2, B-737), but I will be very keen to do some more 'Korean war airplanes' like F-84E/G, F9F Panther, MiG-15, Meteor, etc. as there is still a lot to do in this subject.

With regards to the project - I managed to place the the wing airfoil in a correct place to start the work on a wing.

kind regards

Cybermac
Attached Thumbnails
F-86 Sabre (new experimental project)-sabre_phot_18.jpg  
Old 05-12-2021, 11:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 62.27 MB
Hello Cybermac, I am finding the early jets as very interesting, and give us a lot of modeling oportunities. Good luck with your modeling.

Shalom Mor
Google Adsense