PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 03-09-2009, 03:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Siebel Si 204 by Alin Osarik, beta-builders invited

Alin Osarik, who made the incredibly detailed Merlin and other engines, has started design & construction of the Siebel Si 204 twin engine WWII transport & communication aircraft. (See Wikipedia.) The type was originally designed as an 8-seat passenger aircraft, and was produced after the war as such in France as Nord NC.701 Martinet.

[As an aside, five of the French Nord aircraft were purchased by the Swedish government after the war. Two of them had to be scrapped rather soon, due to structural failures, but three of them continued to do service as a cartography photo aircraft until 1970. By then the cost of maintaining the aircraft was greater then leasing more modern ones, so now one remaining Nord, registration SE-KAL, is awaiting restoration in storage at Arlanda airport, Stockholm.]

Alin is modeling the Czech version Aero C-3A, and invites beta-builders. He will step by step upload part sets (fuselage, wings, engines, etc.). Interested should contact Alin at <a.osarik(at)seznam.cz>, or check in the Czech forum:
Papírové modelářství CZ :: Zobrazit téma - Aero C3A / Alin /1:33 / BETA

By the look of the pdf-file with design images that Alin sent me, this is going to be something extra. I attach five sample images. Anybody interested in the full 30-image sample file, write directly to Alin at the email given above, and supply your own email.

Leif
Attached Thumbnails
Siebel Si 204 by Alin Osarik, beta-builders invited-si-204-1.jpg   Siebel Si 204 by Alin Osarik, beta-builders invited-si-204-15.jpg   Siebel Si 204 by Alin Osarik, beta-builders invited-si-204-22.jpg   Siebel Si 204 by Alin Osarik, beta-builders invited-si-204-23.jpg   Siebel Si 204 by Alin Osarik, beta-builders invited-si-204-30.jpg  

Last edited by Leif Ohlsson; 03-09-2009 at 04:12 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 03-09-2009, 06:49 AM

Walkaround

There is a fine walk-around of the Si-204 / Aero C-3A at a Czech air museum.
Attached Thumbnails
Siebel Si 204 by Alin Osarik, beta-builders invited-siebel-1.jpg   Siebel Si 204 by Alin Osarik, beta-builders invited-siebel-2.jpg   Siebel Si 204 by Alin Osarik, beta-builders invited-siebel-3.jpg   Siebel Si 204 by Alin Osarik, beta-builders invited-siebel-4.jpg   Siebel Si 204 by Alin Osarik, beta-builders invited-siebel-5.jpg  

Old 03-09-2009, 07:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
That looks like an awesome museum. A little bit of funding and restoration could go a long way there.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Really interesting looking airplane and one I've never heard of. I look forward to seeing this kit develop!
Chris
Old 03-11-2009, 11:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hello, part1 siebel beta

Hull interior

Deposit Files
RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
Google Adsense
Old 03-11-2009, 04:33 PM

Just a small teaser...
- Leif
Attached Thumbnails
Siebel Si 204 by Alin Osarik, beta-builders invited-hull-interior-3.jpg   Siebel Si 204 by Alin Osarik, beta-builders invited-hull-interior-7.jpg   Siebel Si 204 by Alin Osarik, beta-builders invited-hull-interior-12.jpg   Siebel Si 204 by Alin Osarik, beta-builders invited-hull-interior-13.jpg  
Old 03-11-2009, 06:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Man, I'd like a piece of this one. But people are expecting a kit - not just a model anymore - for Inflexible. Man, I love this. (that's drool coming through your screen).

Carl
Old 03-12-2009, 02:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 23.50 MB
Hello,
is a superb and quite unknown model.
(I have seen the work of Alin Osarik for his extraordinary LZ-129 "Hindenburg" airship)
Thank you for sharing this product from a good and original designer.

Orazio
Old 03-12-2009, 11:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Leif, I've got the first installment of the model printed out. Do you have any thoughts on how to approach building the interior without doing the ship-in-a-bottle thing? It looks as if the "minor" bulkheads (A2, A3, A5-A9, A13) are not added until after the interior details have been installed....and, to do that, those bulkheads will need to be cut into sections. My first impression is that those formers should be cut into a "bow" portion and a base segment. The base segments would be added when the floors are put in place, and the bows would wait until after all the interior parts are finished. Any way you look at it, this model is going to be a challenge. I'm wondering if one should use sheet styrene for backing the bulkheads and main stringers rather than cardboard, but maybe giving the cardboard a good soaking with thin CA will add enough stiffness.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hallo

it could be in this way?

Google Adsense