PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 05-14-2014, 01:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 264.09 MB
Great. Will you have the blue one of KLM?
Old 05-15-2014, 07:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by scon10 View Post
Great. Will you have the blue one of KLM?
I'd love to do a KLM 767/777 series. KLM is one of the very few carriers that made it clear I'd have to pay a pretty high down payment to enter a trademarking agreement. I'm not really taking livery requests, but most airplanes mentioned above will likely be modeled. There will be at least 10-15 liveries available. Really it's a matter of time. I don't do much these days in terms of test builds these days, so most kits will come out when my great test builders get them done. Right now there are still about 8 767 kits that haven't even come out yet, and another 10 DC9s, just to give you an idea. Thanks for your interest!
Old 05-15-2014, 10:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 359.93 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumato View Post
I'd love to do a KLM 767/777 series. KLM is one of the very few carriers that made it clear I'd have to pay a pretty high down payment to enter a trademarking agreement. I'm not really taking livery requests, but most airplanes mentioned above will likely be modeled. There will be at least 10-15 liveries available. Really it's a matter of time. I don't do much these days in terms of test builds these days, so most kits will come out when my great test builders get them done. Right now there are still about 8 767 kits that haven't even come out yet, and another 10 DC9s, just to give you an idea. Thanks for your interest!
Pity... Their loss for essentially free advertising. Whatever the livery, a B777 at 1:72 will be an awesome build. Looking forward to it.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:51 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 594.81 MB
If you would ever need more test builders I'd be happy to take that spot.

-RunwayOneSixRight (Matthew)
Old 05-26-2014, 09:14 PM

She's still in the "detailing" stage; here's a shot of one of her mighty wings...
Attached Thumbnails
Skyline B777 (1/72)-7774.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-26-2014, 09:54 PM

I'm guessing each wing is 3 pages in length?

Can't remember if this has been answered already, which airline will be your initial colour scheme?
Old 05-27-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikischutt View Post
I'm guessing each wing is 3 pages in length?

Can't remember if this has been answered already, which airline will be your initial colour scheme?
Yes, the outer wing structures will have 5 major parts, all on it's own page, and will be about 18" long each, along the leading edge. As far as the initial colors, I haven't decided yet, but I'll have a sensible list before long. I don't really do requests, so I try to avoid the topic so as not to encourage a million requests I'll never have time to do. Thanks for asking!
Old 05-27-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Yes, the outer wing structures will have 5 major parts, all on it's own page, and will be about 18" long each, along the leading edge. As far as the initial colors, I haven't decided yet, but I'll have a sensible list before long. I don't really do requests, so I try to avoid the topic so as not to encourage a million requests I'll never have time to do. Thanks for asking!
Nah, just curious. This is one of my favourite planes. No requests from my side, SAA doesn't use the 777 anyway
Old 06-04-2014, 11:29 AM

More details

Hey everyone! Here is a sample of the B777's mighty rudder. Still detailing her up. This kit will easily be the most detailed airliner I've yet designed. In this sample you can see a lot of fine detail, which I've done using much lighter panel lines, giving more "up close" detail that won't be overbearing on the final model. Thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails
Skyline B777 (1/72)-rudder.jpg  
Old 06-04-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Hey everyone! Here is a sample of the B777's mighty rudder. Still detailing her up. This kit will easily be the most detailed airliner I've yet designed. In this sample you can see a lot of fine detail, which I've done using much lighter panel lines, giving more "up close" detail that won't be overbearing on the final model. Thanks for looking!
Makes sense. At 1/72, there's going to be a lot of blank spots on the model if not filled in with panel lines, etc.

Nice work.
Google Adsense