PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 06-27-2014, 09:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Halifax Class Frigate Design / Build

Well I think I have enough ready to start printing and testing shapes for this gorgeous ship!,... I'm going to attack this project per structure. Starting with the rear helicopter hanger first!,.. Don't ask me why but it just worked out that way,.. Will be testing shapes tomorrow and make adjustments then I will start adding details,.. If I can get a small victory with this it will spur me one for the advancement of the next steps,.. The great drawings that B-Maniac supplied are awesome and when placed into illustrator directly they are almost 1:200 to begin with. Once my testing is finalized i will scale it apropriately,.. Anyone who wants PDFs to test as well just let me know, I will be working with blank ones for most of this. Also thank you to Mor54 for great pictures and inspiration and fishcarver as well for re igniting this sleeper project. Stay tuned!,..
Google Adsense
Old 06-28-2014, 08:19 PM

i just finished drawing the bulkheads to the hull,..
the hull will consist of the top deck,.. center line profile,.. bulkheads and sides,.. will try test soon,.. any one that wants to build along after i make a successful test just PM me i will send blank pdf for you to test as well,.. im going to laminate paper templates to 1mm card
Old 06-28-2014, 08:20 PM

I will have pics soon
Old 06-29-2014, 05:54 PM

hull centerline is done,.. waterline level hull shape is done,.. fine tuning bulkheads and positioning them on a sheet for printing,.. once all the bulkheads have been double checked i will print and build hull skeleton,..

still deciding on if i should sheet the outside of the hull with multiple pieces that are glued to the bulkheads or one long piece that runs the length of the ship

any thoughts?
Old 06-29-2014, 11:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 326.45 MB
Sounds good, in my opinion it depends on how the skin needs to form around the bulkheads., because you don't want to make it too fiddly or too complicated to form the skin.
NH78
Old 06-30-2014, 06:32 AM

True,.. I will see how crazy the hull skeleton looks once constructed,.. I have 20-22 bulkheads ,..
I maybe able to run longitudinal pieces,.. Possibly 1 piece with a slit to compensate for the hull knuckle near the bow,.. Just thoughts for right now
Old 07-01-2014, 03:43 PM

everything is fine tuned for the hull,.. now i just have to draw the top deck and indicate the areas for the structures! and then i can begin construction!,.. very happy so far!
Old 07-04-2014, 08:17 AM

Drawing top deck today,.. It's going to be trial fit because I have incorporated the decks sloping curve width wise,.. So obviously just a top view will come up short width wise, I suspect length too,.. the front deck curves upwards,.. Shouldn't be and issue since it will be a few clicks of the anchor points in illustrator to fine tune
Old 07-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Eternal Member

Thumbs up BRAVO, My Friend!

Good work so far!! ;-) JR
Old 07-04-2014, 10:49 PM

Started to draw out positioning of structures on top deck etc,.. Everything coming together,.. No build yet,.. Been in a drawing mode,.. I have enough info to build simplified interior of helicopter hanger interior and interior of bridge,.. Fun stuff!!
Google Adsense