PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 11-15-2014, 11:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Group of friends looking to get into designing, votes needed

Hello everyone.

Myself and a small group of friends have discussed the idea of designing paper models. We're very interested in Sci-Fi/Mecha designs since they translate well to paper most of the time, as well as a popular subject.

We've compiled a small list of potential initial designs, as well as taken suggestions from some folks over at the MAHQ Facebook group. Listed below are two Strawpolls listing each model we received suggestions on, one for a "simple" design and one for a "detailed" design.

For the simple design we're most likely going to aim for around 3-5 pages of parts and an overall height of 10-15 cm.

The Detailed design will most likely be around 13 pages or more, and an overall height of 30 cm or more.

In our group of friends we have two designers, one unfolder, and myself and another individual have taken up the task of test building. We're hoping to make some quality, build friendly designs.

In the following posts are the links to each strawpoll. If there is nothing there that genuinely interests you, please select what would be the most interesting subject in paper form to you. Multiple votes are allowed. While these subjects will certainly not interest everyone, we will definitely explore other subjects later on, although we will most likely stick to Sci-Fi/Mecha designs. We may also do commissions in the future if this initial design process goes well.

Thanks in advance for any and all input. We will collect votes for around 72 hours, where a final design for each category will be selected and we'll start planning and working on the first designs.

Polls:
Simple - http://strawpoll.me/2993222
Detailed - http://strawpoll.me/2993175

Last edited by rickstef; 11-15-2014 at 11:19 PM. Reason: added polls link to original post
Google Adsense
Old 11-15-2014, 11:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.06 GB
This is a really cool idea! I never thought of a paper modelling "design bureau" before! If only more western north Carolinians were on this forum

-C-2A Greyhound
-Br.1050 Alize
Old 11-16-2014, 12:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Well, to be fair we're not exactly that organized haha.

We just talk online and one of my friends dropped the idea, so we put some suggestions together and we're just getting some input on what people would like to see first.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:49 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
Here ya go paperengineer

DGA Home Page

We've been doing it for a while...........everyone's been kinda busy here lately but we have several models out, and in the works...........

Search results for: 'DGA'

My Drawings