PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 01-31-2015, 02:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
TFP Bumblebee Simplified

Hello papercraft friends

Well, I was roaming through cyberspace today and I found some interesting things that I thought I'd share. Maybe they'll help me get back into modeling, maybe not, but I did feel like writing something here. This is still a place I like to "be"

First, I found a blog where a student used my TFP Bumblebee blueprints for a 3D modeling school project: Games, Films & everything VFX: Officially a Visual Effects & Concept Design student @StaffsUni :D (scroll down). It's quite interesting, seeing something I did used somewhere else. She also created a video called TinyPaperCars App, including Bumblebee and Ratchet (again, with my textures): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW9yGbhCYM8. How cool is that? :D

But the image on her blog (and also these TFP robot papercrafts: Transformers Wars) gave me the idea of trying a simplified Bumblebee model—something that non-paper modelers could do quite easily. I kind of played with the idea a bit in Gimp:

Needless to say, that is the blog image and not mine. I could have fired up the old Dell and taken my own screenshot, but then I thought, hey, this is already here, I might as well use it... The only thing I take credit for is the green lines drawn over the top of the image.

I'm pretty much accepting the loss of my beloved ZModeler 1.07b, but I found a few new 3D modeling programs that I might try out: Art of Illusion, Ayam, MeshLab, and Misfit Model 3D. Basically, I'm hoping for a polygon/mesh modeler that runs on Linux and is similar to ZModeler, but does not have too steep of a learning curve (I kind of find it disheartening to spend 2 hours trying—and failing—to make something that I know I could do in 20 minutes if I had my choice of software). We'll see if a suitable replacement exists

On a slightly unrelated note, someone actually built my Ironhide model! It's the only other one I know of:

(Image from IRP Papercraft • Ver Tema - Ironhide modo vehiculo)

Another user on the same forum built my TFP Bumblebee, with some modifications:

(Image from IRP Papercraft • Ver Tema - Bumblebee Chevrolet Camaro (Repaint Version))

Maybe I just needed some inspiration to get back into modeling (although... having software I can use helps too XD). I know learning something new takes time, I just don't have as much free time now as I did when I learned ZModeler. I think that even if I do get back into papermodeling, I probably won't be able to finish any of the requests that are waiting in the wings. There are several, unfortunately... I really do hate to let anyone down but I just cannot reasonably say I'd have the time or be in the mood to finish them, so my sincere apologies for that :(

Sorry to end on a bit of sad note; I hope everyone will find all the models they're looking for regardless
Google Adsense
Old 01-31-2015, 04:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
No worries, Heather. I guess everyone here knows that sometimes there are times in life when other things are more important or when you simply need a break (happens to me from time to time, too ). I'm certain that everything proceeds pleasently, just don't rush anything. We all are patient and even if you don't feed us with new paper models your mere presence here is so well appreciated. I have really missed you, and I am sure I am not the only one who thinks that way . Great to see you again!

BTW, If you need any help you may PM me anytime. (OK, I only use SketchUp, but the resulting unfolds come in a format you will be able to work with .)

Have a nice day!

Marcell

P.S.: I am sooo delighted to see other people building my models, too, or even using them as a base to create something cooler! Your KITT is still on my todo list...
Old 01-31-2015, 07:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
It's great to hear from you again, Heather
Old 01-31-2015, 09:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 152.73 MB
Hola Heather, un gusto conocer al creador de tan extraordinarios modelos, Ironhide Modo vehiculo y bumblebee Chevrolet Camaro (Repaint Version), en particular el bumblebee con sus modificaciones fue armado por mi, me encanto ese modelo y se puede decir que automovil que cae en mis manos siempre le hago algunas modificaciones en su armado, gracias por estos modelos y espero luego en el tiempo nos presentes nuevas creaciones, el modelo de ironhide aun no lo armo, pero esta en los pendientes, saludos

Hi Heather, nice to meet the creator of such extraordinary models, auto mode Ironhide and Bumblebee Chevrolet Camaro (Repaint Version), particularly the bumblebee amended was reinforced for me, I loved that model and you can tell that car falling in my hands whenever I make some changes in their armed, thanks for these models and then hope in time we present new creations, the model does not even work up ironhide, but this on earrings, Greetings
Attached Thumbnails
TFP Bumblebee Simplified-bee.jpg  
Old 02-01-2015, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revell-Fan View Post
No worries, Heather. I guess everyone here knows that sometimes there are times in life when other things are more important or when you simply need a break (happens to me from time to time, too ). I'm certain that everything proceeds pleasently, just don't rush anything. We all are patient and even if you don't feed us with new paper models your mere presence here is so well appreciated. I have really missed you, and I am sure I am not the only one who thinks that way . Great to see you again!

BTW, If you need any help you may PM me anytime. (OK, I only use SketchUp, but the resulting unfolds come in a format you will be able to work with .)

Have a nice day!

Marcell

P.S.: I am sooo delighted to see other people building my models, too, or even using them as a base to create something cooler! Your KITT is still on my todo list...
Hi Marcell,

Thank you for the offer and the kind words, it means a lot I've never tried SketchUp (I have thought about it though). It seems like quite a few modelers here use it.

I agree that seeing someone use a model as a base to create something cooler is really awesome—it's great to inspire people (kind of like the student surpassing the teacher, except it's the builder surpassing the designer )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
It's great to hear from you again, Heather
Thank you very much, Vermin_King. It's nice to hear from you again as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMSC View Post
Hola Heather, un gusto conocer al creador de tan extraordinarios modelos, Ironhide Modo vehiculo y bumblebee Chevrolet Camaro (Repaint Version), en particular el bumblebee con sus modificaciones fue armado por mi, me encanto ese modelo y se puede decir que automovil que cae en mis manos siempre le hago algunas modificaciones en su armado, gracias por estos modelos y espero luego en el tiempo nos presentes nuevas creaciones, el modelo de ironhide aun no lo armo, pero esta en los pendientes, saludos

Hi Heather, nice to meet the creator of such extraordinary models, auto mode Ironhide and Bumblebee Chevrolet Camaro (Repaint Version), particularly the bumblebee amended was reinforced for me, I loved that model and you can tell that car falling in my hands whenever I make some changes in their armed, thanks for these models and then hope in time we present new creations, the model does not even work up ironhide, but this on earrings, Greetings
Hola Luis, y muchas gracias. Usted muy amable. Sólo hablo un poco español, pero voy a tratar (lo estudio, pero también utilizo el traductor de Google, para ayudarme). Estaba muy feliz de ver a su papercraft y al enterarse de que te hayas divertido con el modelo. Eso me hace muy feliz. Saludos y espero hablar con usted más

Hello Luis, and thank you very much. You're very kind. I only speak a little Spanish but I'm going to try (I study it, but I also use the Google translator to help me). I was very happy to see your papercraft and to learn that you had fun with it. That makes me very happy. Greetings and I hope to talk with you more

So, I did try those 3D modeling programs. Art of Illusion I liked at first, but it uses a separate 'triangle mesh editor' inside the main editor and that's really inconvenient. MeshLab I didn't like (no simultaneous multiple views), and Ayam wouldn't install (). Misfit Model 3D I liked quite a bit; it loads extremely fast and I managed to edit some things without even looking up the instructions I think I'll stick with that one, and see how it goes.

Last edited by ProjectKITT; 02-01-2015 at 12:46 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 02-01-2015, 05:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
BTW, is there a Super Pursuit Mode KITT available? (Just thinking loud..! )
Old 02-01-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revell-Fan View Post
BTW, is there a Super Pursuit Mode KITT available? (Just thinking loud..! )
Hmm, not that I know of, but I believe mchale did make a pretty nice one-off/kitbash using a regular black KITT
Old 02-01-2015, 01:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 152.73 MB
Hola Heather, solo puedo decir que su spanish esta muy bien, yo solo me ayudo con el traductor de Google y de realizar modelos propios lo encuentro genial, personalmente soy un constructor de papercraft he adquirido experiencia, aunque todavia falta bastante, pero si por ahi necesita un beta tester para algun modelo, bueno aca estamos, saludos

Hi Heather, I can only say that your spanish is very good, I just helped me with the translator of Google and make their own models I find it great, I personally am a builder papercraft I gained experience, but still lack enough, but if there needs a good beta tester for any model, here we are, Greetings