PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 11-12-2010, 12:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.71 GB
I think the side wheeler steamship "Chrysopolis" that plied the Sacrmento Delta would make a fantastic model. There are few reference photos available, and overall dimensions were 75' beam by 245' length. I've downloaded a few photos, mostly from Sacremento historical society.

DeadlyTedly
Old 11-12-2010, 07:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I've seen most of the readily available free ones, like the one from Canon and such, but they really aren't detailed or scalable enough for me to resize it up to 20" or so.

I'd like to see a very detailed version of the Parthenon. Anyone know of a really, REALLY good one out there?
Old 11-14-2010, 07:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cut 'n' paste View Post

And there's also a Wilhelmshavener version of it in Lufhtansa colors.

Modellbogen Shop | Modellbogen Shop - Karton Modellbaubogen - Bastelbogen - Bastelbögen - maquettes en carton - Maquettes en papier | Zivilflugzeuge | 1513 - VICKERS VISCOUNT 814

Old 05-03-2011, 03:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
i vote for A3D-2 Skywarrior The Whale...
Old 05-03-2011, 04:24 PM

Focke agheiles(spellcheck) 330
FA-330 German WWII autogyro.
Google Adsense
Old 05-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Banned

"For the X request
The Sikorsky S-72 RSRA

These would be the tops of my lists."

I did a lot of prototype work for the RSRA and the ABC. I also made many components for the X-wing test unit that was never completed for the RSRA ( coanda effect leading edge). I am still under obligation to not divulge anything I know, thought much is known, but not all, I guarantee you, about that craft. It would be a great subject, as well as the ABC (Advancing Blade Concept). A friend of mine made the blades for the ABC (XH-69), the stiffest blades ever made for a helicopter. Reborn as the X-2. Great choice Rickstef!!
Attached Thumbnails
What would you like to see designed?-x2_b.jpg   What would you like to see designed?-xh-69a.jpg  
Old 05-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Banned

think sections of aircraft, like for instance, the cockpit sections of almost any type of aircraft. A detailed cockpit of decent size, so it could be explored and enjoyed in it's own right. There are so many aircraft that could benefit from this kind of detail display. Even just engines of different designs. Whether a Big block V-8, a Continental or Lycoming, etc. The components of all the things we model would make great subjects. I would love to see a working a.k.a. Yee's Job, Briggs and Stratton Motor, horizontal shaft, of course. Not tiny teeny ones made for existing models though. I mean models 8 or 9 inches long, that have room for detail.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.41 MB
I would like to see a 1/100 to 1/72 scale Nautilus/SSN-571. I would like to see a Sturgeon SSN at 1/100 to 1/72 scale. I would like to see a Few twin engine aircraft of WWII to modern lineage in 1/48 scale or larger. Finally, not being a big fan of Space science fiction, never the less, a LEONOV from 2010 would be neat! Maybe to go with UHUs Discovery????? Hint!!!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 244.35 MB
I would like to see
a pod from 2001- very detailed(inside and out)- i know there is knocking about but i can't seem to get it to download- a relist would be nice ofthat one.
The strange and adapted farm biplane from mad max 3. (dirtier the better!)
The mythical Mig 31 firefox plane- slightly bigger than 18 inches long would be nice.
Both planes from the film "Flight of the Phoenix"
The escape module Narcissus from "Alien"
The machine from the new version of "The Time Machine" liked the spinning glass blades and the brass effect- especially the reflection of the film crew in the brass ball underneath the machine when he gets off the platform in 2032 street scene?
Perhaps several models of the bikes and cars from the new "Tron- Legacy" film- looked very cool! And difficult to make!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olantigh View Post
I would like to see
a pod from 2001- very detailed(inside and out)- i know there is knocking about but i can't seem to get it to download- a relist would be nice ofthat one.
The strange and adapted farm biplane from mad max 3. (dirtier the better!)
The mythical Mig 31 firefox plane- slightly bigger than 18 inches long would be nice.
Both planes from the film "Flight of the Phoenix"
The escape module Narcissus from "Alien"
The machine from the new version of "The Time Machine" liked the spinning glass blades and the brass effect- especially the reflection of the film crew in the brass ball underneath the machine when he gets off the platform in 2032 street scene?
Perhaps several models of the bikes and cars from the new "Tron- Legacy" film- looked very cool! And difficult to make!
THe Mad Max biplane (Called the Air-Truk...it's an actual plane) is available from Fiddlersgreen...Air-Truk | Aircraft |

And there is a model of the Phoenix from "Flight of the Phoenix" available out there, I just don't remember offhand where. Somebody else will know though.
Google Adsense