PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 09-10-2018, 10:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.96 MB
Beautiful.

Should we await the Queen Luisa before deploying torpedoes?
Old 09-11-2018, 07:23 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 136.87 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake7 View Post
Not sure if you read that my wife and I moved. We just got the phone and internet. last night was the first time I was able to work on papercraft. Did the light bar, lights, and siren for the SFPD cruiser because it was easy to build, plus it finishes the Streets of San Fransico cars. Once they are in the downloads I swear the Queen is next. The LTD and wagon can wait.
Excellent news. Counting hours, minutes, seconds............... Good luck with the African Queen. I am preparing a high resolution copy of the movie to show it with my friends when the model becomes available with some good champagne!!

Rick
Old 09-11-2018, 10:41 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Looking nice.

You know the African Queen (from the novel) was based on two real mahogany gunboats - Mimi and Toutou - used in Lake Tanganyika?
Old 10-06-2018, 03:57 PM
Banned

Any advances on the beautiful card African Queen?
Old 10-09-2018, 10:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.05 GB
Sorry, there has not been any progress. Been working on our car, and my wife's sons truck. Ours broke down at the same time. We had to wait to buy parts (about 4 days), so I walked to her son's house for three days to help take out, and put in a rear end. Wasn't that far (2000 yards). Our car needed a spendle knuckle, which can't be bought from the auto parts, so we bought a used one. New wheel bearing housing assembly. We had new upper and lower ball joints plus tyrods, and front axle from e-bay.

My step daughter's boy friend helped me. Said he was in the milatary where he worked on vehicles. He tightened the three bolts on the wheel bearing and the axle nut. He took the car the next day and it broke down. My wife's son took me to check it out. when we got to the car the wheel was smoking alittle and hot. Took the wheel off and found out the axle nut was almost off. Very lucky the cutter pin stop it. The wheel bearing bolts were lose, and the wheel bearing was in half. The dounuts that had the bearings that were made out of plastic melted, and the bearings fell out.

Lucky the used spendle knuckle had a used wheel bearing with it that was in good shape. I got the car home, and worked on it by myself. The front bearing on the axle didn't have grease because the metal clap came off and the heat melted the grease. Just got everthing fixed. Took it for two test runs. Seems ok now. Wife has doctors appointments 10th and 11th. Crossing fingers. Might beable to get to the queen over the weekend or next week.
Attached Thumbnails
The African Queen full hull version-s-l225.jpg   The African Queen full hull version-img_20180918_161902980.jpg   The African Queen full hull version-img_20180918_161927312.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 10-09-2018, 11:19 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Wow Blake. Those are some scary pics. When it rains.....Had something similar happen to me with the upper ball joint years ago. We had the classic used car where the parts we put into it cost more than we paid for the car itself. Anyways....Real life always comes first and it seems that you've been handed a big dose of it. Don't stress about the Queen. It can wait. You take care of you and yours, first and always.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Priorities are priorities.
No hurries with the boat.

Old 10-10-2018, 06:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake7 View Post
Sorry, there has not been any progress. Been

Lucky the used spendle knuckle had a used wheel bearing with it that was in good shape. I got the car home, and worked on it by myself. The front bearing on the axle didn't have grease because the metal clap came off and the heat melted the grease. Just got everthing fixed. Took it for two test runs. Seems ok now. Wife has doctors appointments 10th and 11th. Crossing fingers. Might beable to get to the queen over the weekend or next week.
Perfectly understood. Life has priorities. Being modelers, we have developed patience so we will wait. No problem and good luck!!
Old 10-10-2018, 09:39 AM

Thanks everyone! I will post tonight how it performed today after we get home.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:01 PM

This picture is scarey! How much heat to turn the triangle part from shiny silver to that. It took 3 days to pound the old lower ball joint out. That is a new ball joint in the picture. It was for the other side, which I am not doing in the near future. Well it is about time to go. Crossing fingers.
Attached Thumbnails
The African Queen full hull version-img_20181010_134349320.jpg  
Google Adsense