PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 07-23-2017, 05:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.59 MB
New Base Head Design

I was trying to work out a better design for my model's heads. I gleaned a couple of ideas from Claudio from this thread, DC Busts and did some more design work to get a head with a nice profile, but without as many parts as some of my previous heads. Here is what I have come up with so far:
This one has a really nice profile, good chin line and brow. I am working on a simpler interpretation of the very back of the head. Also, I need to be more careful on aligning the face and head, I got the mouth a little off, then the whole face a little off center from the chin. But It's a good start I think.
Attached Thumbnails
New Base Head Design-headdesign1.jpg   New Base Head Design-headdesign2.jpg   New Base Head Design-headdesign3.jpg   New Base Head Design-headdesign6.jpg   New Base Head Design-headdesign5.jpg  

Old 07-23-2017, 07:38 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
Looks like you got it right. All I could say is throw a fat crescent kind of bigger on the outer end, shape for the cheeks under the eye and its perfect. Have you designed the iris and eyes? the jaw line is very good looking at the profile.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:47 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Off to a good start indeed Cory. The arches above the eyes and nose fit together well I think. Lips look good as well, just itching for some monster lipstick.

Last edited by elliott; 07-24-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:38 PM
Banned

yes, im a putz

Here is my suggestion, knit picking interferer that I am. But you know, things bother me until I deal with them so here is my little cheeky suggestion.
Attached Thumbnails
New Base Head Design-headdesign5.jpg  
Old 07-25-2017, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott View Post
Off to a good start indeed Cory. The arches above the eyes and nose fit together well I think. Lips look good as well, just itching for some monster lipstick.
Ha ha! Very true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
Here is my suggestion, knit picking interferer that I am. But you know, things bother me until I deal with them so here is my little cheeky suggestion.
Nice suggestion! I will incorporate the cheek into the design as you have shown. I'll also try to get some eye bulges, sockets in there as well.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 285.85 MB
Very interesting thread. Definitely a good start! Heads are a challenge and I am looking forward to your probably very elegant solution :-)
Old 07-25-2017, 03:43 PM
Banned

I have heard that its relatively easy to make ''the eyes follow you'' by making a reverse cone for the iris, and then the pupil be raise up a little with a cup surface. I have never done it but im sure on youtube they have sculpting tips on it. I'm glad you weren't all sensitive about that! I have gotten a ration of it over suggestions and really minor criticisms on other sites. by the way, I was wondering if you are making this for famous monster faces, actor faces or historical faces?
Old 07-26-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papierschnitzel View Post
Very interesting thread. Definitely a good start! Heads are a challenge and I am looking forward to your probably very elegant solution :-)
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
I have heard that its relatively easy to make ''the eyes follow you'' by making a reverse cone for the iris, and then the pupil be raise up a little with a cup surface. I have never done it but im sure on youtube they have sculpting tips on it. I'm glad you weren't all sensitive about that! I have gotten a ration of it over suggestions and really minor criticisms on other sites. by the way, I was wondering if you are making this for famous monster faces, actor faces or historical faces?
I have seen this in clay sculpture. I tried a similar technique with the Bride, but abandoned it because Frank did not have them. I wanted them to match.

This will be a platform of sorts for future character builds. I can move parts around, adjust features and the like to match the character. If it works well, I'll use it on all future monsters and such
Old 07-26-2017, 07:22 PM
Banned

that's actually a ingenious idea! like police sketch artists do.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
Good job, Cory!
Google Adsense