PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 03-07-2018, 01:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 147.85 MB
Siemens-Schuckert D.I , scale 1/33

These are some details of my drawings of the Siemens-Schuckert D.I in scale 1/33:

Siemens-Schuckert D.I , scale 1/33-clip3.jpgSiemens-Schuckert D.I , scale 1/33-clip2.jpgSiemens-Schuckert D.I , scale 1/33-clip1.jpg

The Siemens-Schuckert D.I is basically a copy of the Nieuport 11 or 17, built by Siemens-Schuckert Werke in 1916.
Length: 6.0 m (19 ft 8¼ in),
Wingspan: 7.50 m (24 ft 7⅜ in)
Height: 2.59 m [2] (8 ft 5⅞ in)
Powerplant: Siemens-Halske Sh.I, 11 cylinders

I reproduced the model of the third series:
Siemens-Schuckert D.I , scale 1/33-ssw_d1-3.jpgSiemens-Schuckert D.I , scale 1/33-b_1_q_0_p_0-1-.jpg

These are photos of the previous models, the first one, with a four-blade propeller:
Siemens-Schuckert D.I , scale 1/33-newport_po-nemetski-04-640x499.jpgSiemens-Schuckert D.I , scale 1/33-newport_po-nemetski-02-640x426.jpgSiemens-Schuckert D.I , scale 1/33-ssw_d1-1.jpg

and the second:
Siemens-Schuckert D.I , scale 1/33-ssw_f07.jpgSiemens-Schuckert D.I , scale 1/33-ssw_f05-1-.jpgSiemens-Schuckert D.I , scale 1/33-b_1_q_0_p_0.jpgSiemens-Schuckert D.I , scale 1/33-45-3.jpg

see you soon,
with colors a bit 'more engaging

matt77
Google Adsense
Old 03-07-2018, 02:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
I like it, but I would offer a couple of suggestions, lose or tone down the black lines on the bottom of the plane, they make it look like panel lines instead of shadows, they are just way to dark, or possibly make the shapes enclosed by those lines darker so they would show up without the lines. Also move the cross to the top layer on the bottom wing, it would have been painted on the surface so the shadow would not show through. Great color shceme the bird .

Beard
Old 03-17-2018, 01:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 177.88 MB
Great preview
please note that the trailing edge of the nieuports and of the SSW has no scallops, since they had a little wood spar that mantained the trailing edge straight.
I agree with the previous comment, but anyway the colouring is really convincing and appealing
looking forward to the next preview of your model and to the model itself
Old 03-18-2018, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Beard View Post
I like it, but I would offer a couple of suggestions, lose or tone down the black lines on the bottom of the plane, they make it look like panel lines instead of shadows, they are just way to dark, or possibly make the shapes enclosed by those lines darker so they would show up without the lines. Also move the cross to the top layer on the bottom wing, it would have been painted on the surface so the shadow would not show through. Great color shceme the bird .

Beard
Hi Burning Beard
The vector lines of prototype were printed with low resolution in the raster transition (600dpi), but in the final they will be at high resolution and will be less visible (2400dpi).

Regards, matt77 (Whitish Beard)
Old 03-18-2018, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermeio View Post
Great preview
please note that the trailing edge of the nieuports and of the SSW has no scallops, since they had a little wood spar that mantained the trailing edge straight.
I agree with the previous comment, but anyway the colouring is really convincing and appealing
looking forward to the next preview of your model and to the model itself
Ciao Ermejo
it seemed to me, looking at the pictures, that this was a difference between the French plane and the German copy...

a presto, matt77
Google Adsense