PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 05-27-2018, 05:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
- double post - Sorry - please delete -

Last edited by Revell-Fan; 05-27-2018 at 05:29 AM.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:09 AM

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!! Thank you very much for this model. You have definitely filled a gap.

As for your next BIG model, I too would love to see an accurate Searcher model. If you choose this one please note one important fact:

All renderings based on this SketchUp model are WRONG:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/mod...-UPDATED?hl=de

The image Rickstef posted was made using this model, so using it will lead to awfully wrong proportions (the neck is too long, the detail work is fantasy and the engine section is completely off).

When this model became available I was so excited because I thought I could use it as a base for a new papercraft but the longer I looked at it the more inaccuracies I noticed. Trust me, this model looks nice at first sight, but you can't use it to make a model of the Searcher from the TV show. It is totally wrong.

You'll have to base the model on the real filming miniature you see in the show, on Ken Larson's site etc. If you need any references don't hesitate to contact me; my archive is several GBs big.

Last edited by Revell-Fan; 05-27-2018 at 05:23 AM.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 498.04 MB
Hrms... I am not sure I am feeling the buck Rogers vibe yet. I am still trying to figure out what I want to do next. Nothing in particular has struck my fancy so far.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I would really like to see someone have a take at the Draconian Marauder.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:23 PM

That would be a challenge. But I like the suggestion!

There are many models which haven't been tackled yet in paper form, like the Rising Star and the Cylon Tanker from "Battlestar Galactica". Recently some new awesome pictures of the Tanker filming miniature have been published on modelermagic which show straight-on views.
Google Adsense
Old 05-27-2018, 08:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
I'd be happy with whatever you decide...your choices so far have been epic...
Old 05-27-2018, 10:37 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Well, since you asked...

Well, I think you deserve a rest!

Two legendary ships on a row?

Both really needed and appreciated!!!

You're on a roll.

However...

If you are looking for another neglected hole in the paper-universe, there are always some of the awesome, but un-modeled, designs fro the old FASA game, of the 80s. Its hard to top the well thought-out ships that have only been done in small, lead minis to-date.

Your neck on the XCV-330 Enterprise could be a real start for a Klingon, D-10. It would need a primary hull at one and and a fairly simple secondary hull design, but the detailing could be challenging.

Many game, and fans, create their own designs but few ever seem to fit seamlessly with the established Trek cannon vessels. The D-10 does.

Below are a few pics of the game designs for you to ruminate over, just to see if the ship even interests you. It would have a few challenges; specifically the rounding of the primary hull, which is like the legendary D-7, and building enough internal structure to support the hull. If you can pull off the primary hull, it would be great for not only this ship but a real boon for D-7 builders, as those who have tried have all struggled with this part. The main hull would be good at a size about an 8x11 sheet of paper; maybe a bit larger?

Something to consider, if your taking suggestions...

At an event, what you have done recently has been magnificent.
Attached Thumbnails
XCV-330 Enterprise-heavycruiser_riskadh_refit.jpg   XCV-330 Enterprise-heavycruiser_riskadh.jpg  

Last edited by THE DC; 05-27-2018 at 10:42 PM. Reason: oops